Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-16-2019, 12:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justinian [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'd say this is self evident, considering they stated that it was supposed to be Humans who got the exp bonus
Its been self evident for the better part of two decades. What needs convincing is that there's no good reason to blindly follow the original timetable for nerfs and fixes. Following the timetable for content releases is what should be important, not being blindly linked to the original team's timeframe for rectifying problems.

If we wanted to go full HAM on this timeline then lots of shit should start out buggy and broken. Anyone remember the constant little fixes like doors and NPC text in the old patch notes? No one wants broken buggy quests and environments in the name of blind adherence to classic.

So why do we need unintentionally powerful and/or drama inducing items (guise/MS/dropped jboots) in for months? Why the completely absurd XP penalties that didn't get removed for nearly two years? These could be included in retroactive fixes of mistakes that should have never gone live in the first place, rather than deciding they are somehow crucial for P99 to recreate for some period of time illogically linked to how long they lasted way back when.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justinian [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
but Brad and his idiots were too busy doing coke to check it and ended up giving it to halfings instead.
This half of your post is totally unnecessary and is possibly detrimental to staff taking your arguments as serious topics to consider. Super edgy and eyecatching though, so if that's whats important to you then mission accomplished.
Last edited by Fammaden; 05-16-2019 at 12:08 PM..
Old 05-16-2019, 03:41 PM
Planar Protector

Has anyone said that bards will be monopolizing every single zone for like 3 weeks?

Like you can bard kite from level 1 in this game in litearlly every starting and teen leveling zone...

Even if we're allowed to pick off mobs from their pulls, that just means a bard will pull them to the far corner of the zone, increasing the time exponentially that the mobs are not in the newbie areas, or spawning at all.

How is this going to be handled?

I wonder... and am very concerned about how un-fun its going to be with 6 bards in every zone powerlevling guild after guild after guild member.
Old 05-16-2019, 04:01 PM
Fire Giant

The bard solution two shot

Druids - http://wiki.project1999.com/Sunbeam
Necromancers - http://wiki.project1999.com/Feign_Death

70% of the time it works 100% of the time. But in all seriousness I think we're under estimating the full list of issues the server staff is already aware of that will be faced with a new server launch. Bards will be dealt with.
Old 05-16-2019, 04:10 PM
Planar Protector

In with support for Zuranthiums posts, good stuff, solemnly agree.

As a side note, people railing on the Holiness that is Brad McQuaid(ie Calling him a cokehead) should be instabanned
Old 05-16-2019, 05:56 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Has anyone said that bards will be monopolizing every single zone for like 3 weeks?

Like you can bard kite from level 1 in this game in litearlly every starting and teen leveling zone...

Even if we're allowed to pick off mobs from their pulls, that just means a bard will pull them to the far corner of the zone, increasing the time exponentially that the mobs are not in the newbie areas, or spawning at all.

I wonder... and am very concerned about how un-fun its going to be with 6 bards in every zone powerlevling guild after guild after guild member.
I remember how that worked on red99's launch.

Root the bard. Done. (That felt really satisfying btw) IDK what bluebies (greenies?) can do.
Last edited by Squire; 05-16-2019 at 06:00 PM..
Old 05-16-2019, 06:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by NegaStoat [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The bard solution two shot

Druids - http://wiki.project1999.com/Sunbeam
Necromancers - http://wiki.project1999.com/Feign_Death

70% of the time it works 100% of the time. But in all seriousness I think we're under estimating the full list of issues the server staff is already aware of that will be faced with a new server launch. Bards will be dealt with.
Well, if p99 bards exist on green99 then a druid nor a necromancer will even be able to get to the level they are able to cast either of those spells. (An exaggeration but not that much of one I'm afraid)

Zone disruption is one thing, so 24 druids have not much to worry about, but 9 bards kiting 6 mobs each? Thats legal and that's an entire noobie zone with no mobs, consistently (my guess).

That's qhills, karanas, OASIS lol there is no zone that is going to be safe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] MAYBE you can level a necro to 6 on this shit show server thats going to be 99% raiding bards PLing entire guilds, but 24? HAH thats going to take 6 months, untnil the guilds are all level 50

I had a bard kiting along the same level as me not long ago starting from level 1 for fun, and I felt the impact I had basically yeiled zones to him, there no wisps, no decaying skellies, there were no gnolls, and thats on Blue99 at a random time of year, imagine green! Its going to be such a shit show lol
Last edited by Jibartik; 05-16-2019 at 06:48 PM..
Old 05-16-2019, 06:49 PM
Planar Protector

They might as well bite the bullet and change bard AoE to capping at 4 already. Server/internet/Pc hardware/latency never allowed swarm kiting back in classic. You'd die 9 out of 10 times trying it in the off hours. 10 out 10 if you tried it during prime time hours.
Old 05-16-2019, 07:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They might as well bite the bullet and change bard AoE to capping at 4 already. Server/internet/Pc hardware/latency never allowed swarm kiting back in classic. You'd die 9 out of 10 times trying it in the off hours. 10 out 10 if you tried it during prime time hours.
Honestly IMO this is the right choice, its just kind of absurd really. I mean I hate changing classic rules so if they dont do this thats fine, but if it were my choice I just feel like its silly to have bards be so broken the way they are.

If they dont do anything like this, Im sure they will for the next recycle server because this is going ot be a shit show lol

RE: the FD and Sunbeam, honestly I dont even think this is a viable strat to try to pester them to leave, at these low levels you can get hit a TON while aoe kiting and be fine. Even well into the teens, youd have to really work hard to stop a bard on Pve everquest low levels.

I cant come up with any ideas! Im sure there are more, we need them, lay em out!

At first I thought, well I'll just pull mobs off their kite, but as I said when this happened to me on blue99 I felt taht was futile, if the bard has the mobs down to 50% that means you're just to all have to wait it out cus you cant KS any of those mobs anymore, it did seem like every time I found him finally, thats how much HP the mobs would have... and even if we're picking from their kites, that will just encourage them to run to the far corners of kelthin lol, leaving the mobs unharmed for 10s to 20s of minuets before they even start damaging them, the zones are gonna be empty

lol I cant wait to see this drama.
Last edited by Jibartik; 05-16-2019 at 07:15 PM..
Old 05-16-2019, 08:05 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I'm gonna admit I've only played a bard to level 8 but I know a couple of things don't jibe with what you're saying. First off, bards don't even get their PBAE dot until level 2 so they aren't going to be starting that at level 1. Selo's doesn't come until 5 and it's kind of hard to kite without any run buff. Finally, that dot does shit damage so I don't think they are going to be powerleveling anybody until they get high enough level that they get the PBAE snare that lets them hold agro on stuff while their out of group buddies kill the mobs danger free.

I think you're kind of overblowing this. Feel free to correct me and tell me where I'm wrong but I just don't think bard kiting is going to be nearly as bad as you seem to think it is.
Old 05-17-2019, 02:06 AM
Planar Protector

Well, with a couple hours of bard under your belt and as a 2 month veteran of p99, I'm sure your grasp of the issue is adequate to come to some very strong conclusions/predictions.

Not.

Certainly entitled to your opinion and all, but I'm pretty sure bards are going to be a problem on green.

The rule about being able to pull from bards kiting more than 4 mobs is virtually meaningless. On green, without outside help, only druids/shamans/bards will realistically be able to peel stuff off from a bard who who isn't dumb. And even to peel them off you have to find them first.
Closed Thread