Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Old 11-10-2023, 05:18 PM
Planar Protector

Default New laptop!

New laptop!

Wife sent me to Costco on my day off and as I was walking in I noticed the HP Victus nearly 30% off at $999! They only had a few left.

32GB ram (up from 16GB older ram)
RTX 4060 (up from GTX 1060 mobile with max-Q)
1 TB SSD (up from a half TB)
i7-13700HX processor (up from a weak early 8th gen i7)
16” 144hz display (same hz as I had. color vibrancy is meh compared to my previous Razer but I plug into a 27” gaming monitor regardless)

Not my preferred brand but my gaming laptop is/was pushing 6 years old. In need it a replacement and honestly I could not pass up on the price. I’ve been keeping my ear to the ground.

TLDR:
-it’s a budget brand (Volkswagen vs Audi)
-not top of the line but feels sturdy enough
-huge upgrade for a lot less than the $2400 I spent on the razer blade 2018 years ago
-sale ends close of business 12 Nov
-even if it shits out on me it has a 2 year Costco warranty and I can flat out replace it in 2 years for less than half the price I was planning on paying

Just a heads up. I got it fully loaded and it runs p99 in the worst zones for graphics with no hiccups unlike my 2018 razor blade 15.

Build quality seems good if not top notch, much less heavy than comparable MSI for $1800 (processor benchmark 7% better for double the price - all other specs the same)
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Last edited by Troxx; 11-10-2023 at 05:23 PM..
Old 11-10-2023, 08:56 PM
Planar Protector

Only issue so far is "An unknown error occurred while trying to join the server".

Has happened a few times when switching from one account to another.

Any thoughts?

Old 11-13-2023, 09:16 PM
Aviak

really weird flex... we're like all pushing 40 and nerds, not sure what this post is for

you're getting that error because you're swapping accounts too fast, at least that's the consensus on it.
Old 11-13-2023, 09:42 PM
Planar Protector

Costco lol. Did you pick up a new pair of running shoes from Walmart while you were at it?

I know this is a free game. But does the majority of this server live in poverty or something?
Old 11-15-2023, 10:29 AM
Planar Protector

itll run p99 just fine
Old 11-15-2023, 11:48 AM
Planar Protector

Not a bad deal. After seeing on /r/costco that sometimes they get rid of prebuilts at crazy prices I've taken to walking past the systems whenever we stop by. Yet to see anything good at my local costco though.

-Mcoy
Old 11-15-2023, 02:30 PM
Kobold

away from home i play eq on a 70 buck workstation refurb with integrated graphix and i only get sluggish on 100+ ppl raids. i hope you play other games [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-15-2023, 05:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilwizard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
really weird flex... we're like all pushing 40 and nerds, not sure what this post is for.
Wasn’t a flex - just a shockingly good deal. I shared it here in case anyone was needing to replace their old machine like I was. The deal expired 48hr after I made the post and was supposedly good at any Costco that still had them in stock.

Ended up spending about 60% less than I was planning on. I’d been browsing for a few months waiting on either a good deal or to commit to buy the premium laptop I had been eyeballing.

So far it’s been great. For p99 I no longer lag in the worst areas in crowds. For the other new games I play it’s the difference between 55-60 fps with graphics turned down and 150-200+ fps with the graphics cranked to max.

Quote:
Costco lol. Did you pick up a new pair of running shoes from Walmart while you were at it?

I know this is a free game. But does the majority of this server live in poverty or something?
Since when does shopping at Costco imply poverty? Occasionally you can get stupid deals when they are clearing out inventory. Picked up a 75” Samsung TV earlier this year for $500. The same model 6 months earlier at wholesale prices was a bit over $1900.

I probably make more money than you Infectious but I still keep an ear to the ground for stellar deals. I make a point to look at the electronics whenever I’m there to pick up the perishables we routinely buy in bulk to feed the family.

Last edited by Troxx; 11-15-2023 at 05:38 PM.. Reason: Spelling
Old 11-16-2023, 09:08 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Only issue so far is "An unknown error occurred while trying to join the server".

Has happened a few times when switching from one account to another.

Any thoughts?
It has nothing to do with you, the login servers have been having intermittent issues the last 2 weeks. Occasionally this will happen and nobody can login for a bit.
Old 11-16-2023, 09:47 AM
Planar Protector

Lol imagine being so poor you have to buy things

/s

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung