Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 10-24-2013, 04:51 AM
Planar Protector

I'm experiencing the same exact issues starting just a couple nights ago. Nothing has changed on my end either.
Old 10-24-2013, 07:51 AM
Banned

This has been happening since the patch to me as well, I know a few guildmates who its happening to also which is why I finally decided to check the forums. I run ramdisk and am used to 0 lag, quick zone times(2-4 seconds) and a average of 50-60ms.

Since the patch, Sometimes I get lucky or sometimes I have really bad luck and I will crash 8/10 zone times. Sometimes it just ends up taking nearly a minute to zone if you leave it alone, Other times it simply freezes and you have to wait for a DC or exit EQ forcefully. Only to restart EQ and come in to a server select that is empty, Restart EQ and try again usually the 2nd restart will display the servers or if you wait about 15 minutes. Mind you I did the Tashania spell quest(10 coins, 10 towns across the world) and this crashing made it hell, The only thing that made up for the zone crashing was being able to load back in almost as fast as active char dissapeared due to ramdisk.

Other times I will go most of the day with no issues then all of a sudden I crash zoning, and it happens again and stuff just goes wrong. Guildmates report similar incidents along with higher ping. I currently have a average ping ingame of 85-95 on comcast.

// The computer I run EQ on
AMD Athlon™ II X4 620 Processor (2048KB L2 Cache, CPU 1) @ 2600MHz (200MHz FSB)
ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series (Processor: ATI display adapter), 1920x1080x32, 60Hz
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium (SP1)

Has anyone installed that patch 30 or whatever and know if it makes a difference? I play on red so trying to rush somewhere for pvp/encounters is very tough when experiencing this.
Old 10-24-2013, 04:16 PM
Kobold

Same here. Was getting slow load times while zoning, sometimes disconnects and had to restart EQ. Now, I cant get the server select screen to populate after I enter in login info. It just sits at a blank server select screen until I get a timeout error.
Old 10-24-2013, 04:19 PM
Planar Protector

logged on today and my ping has gone back down to 67ms. have raid later so will see how it goes and will be switching toons and stuff so can see then but nice to see ms down back under 70.
Old 10-24-2013, 04:57 PM
Kobold

system specs
Intel core 2 quad cpu 2.4ghz
4gb ram
windows 7 professional
nvidia geforce 9800gtx

all drivers are up to date.
Old 10-24-2013, 05:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasyra [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
system specs
Intel core 2 quad cpu 2.4ghz
4gb ram
windows 7 professional
nvidia geforce 9800gtx

all drivers are up to date.
comcast internet by chance?
Old 10-24-2013, 05:13 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thulack [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
comcast internet by chance?
Yes, sorry forgot to add that.
Old 10-24-2013, 05:18 PM
Planar Protector

I bet its something with comcast. i had a issue with them about a month ago that my internet was out a few times over a week span and i ended up getting a new modem(the problem "fixed" itself before i got the new modem but still. I wish there was a better option then crap that is 2/3 slower and same price.
Old 10-24-2013, 05:59 PM
Banned

Having all the same problems and now constantly getting errors trying to join the server. "An unknown error occurred while trying to join the server."
Old 10-24-2013, 06:10 PM
Orc

Same exact problems here.

Suddenly it takes 3 or 4 tries to get to the server select screen, and i get the "an unknown error occurred" message each time I try to connect to the server.

Shaw cable In Calgary AB Canada is my provider. I've tried with 2 computers and I also tried it by turning on my phone's wifi hotspot to see if it was a problem with my provider.