Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 09-16-2021, 10:57 AM
Planar Protector

Default Fun Shaman things to do

Currently playing a 45 Shaman, geared well. Fungi, JBB, PWC, RBG.

I have done my epic up to boots, have ally faction. Torch of Alna complete. OT Hammer faction done. Freeport Faction work done.

What are some other fun things I can do solo to unlock some utility? Things I have on my list are to get a Seb Key, HS Key. I think I can solo all of those decently.

Other than farming plat to save up for the child's tear, what else could I do to improve my character. Outside of straight leveling.
Old 09-16-2021, 11:06 AM
Planar Protector

Get a Fungi Staff as well. It saves you a lot of mana on Regen, 1200 per hour, so it is basically a Flowing Thought II item for Shamans. Since you have your Black Fur Boots, it is very easy to un-snare yourself if you need to run. That isn't obtainable solo obviously, but with your gearing it sounds like you have other methods to obtain gear/plat[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I did the Shawl Quests mostly solo at level 51/52. You really only need help for the Shawl 7 Sirens Grotto drops. The Flowing Thought I helps a good amount before you hit 60 and get Torpor.

When you get level 55+ you can do Plane of Mischief Rat Maze solo for Green/Black flowers to get some good junk buff items. That is also a great place to level all the way to 60, best xp spot I could find outside of the hole.

You can also solo the Coldain Ring Quests up to 7, and 8 is easy with a small group if you win the roll. That is probably the best GCD item you can get, and you are positioned to upgrate it to ring 9 whenever you get the time and opportunity.

Pegasus Cloak and Ring of Stealthy Travel are also very nice additions to your arsenal, but not soloable.

EDIT: At 45 your melee capabilities are already nearing the end of their utility, but if you want to keep meleeing for a few more levels you should get Granite Face Grinder for a bit better DPS and stats. Otherwise, just main hand the Fungi Staff for easy use, and rely on spells/JBB to kill. Personally once I could use JBB, I stopped meleeing and I main handed Fungi Staff until 60.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 09-16-2021 at 11:16 AM..
Old 09-16-2021, 11:11 AM
Planar Protector

Great ideas! I have Pegasus cloak. I kind of forgot to mention Coldain Shawl but that and Ring are great ideas for me to dig into!
Old 09-16-2021, 11:14 AM
Banned

Could maybe start farming plat for future spells?

Spells like torpor are pretty expensive. So that's something to think about.

A nice item I liked on my shaman was the Regal Band of Bathezid
Old 09-16-2021, 11:19 AM
Planar Protector

The sooner you get your Child's Tear, the better and more fun the shaman will be.
Old 09-16-2021, 11:36 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The sooner you get your Child's Tear, the better and more fun the shaman will be.
Hook it up!
Old 09-16-2021, 11:44 AM
Planar Protector

My favorite thing with shaman was soloing to 60 in Sol B I agree a fungi staff is great, with an epic/fungi tunic basically the only thing that I was annoyed casting and caused me downtime due to mana was regen.
Old 09-16-2021, 11:39 PM
Sarnak

Definitely have to echo what others are saying here and encourage you to get that Child's Tear, no matter what methods of skullduggery you must employ. The Epic DoT not having initial DD is SO nice because it never breaks root.

In late 50's I'd have some near-wipes solo in the bear pits that were managed by just rooting all the mobs and slowly epic'ing them down while I recovered mana. Not possible with a JBB breaking root all the time. Epic rules- get it.
Never met a good quest he didn't have to do twice.
Old 09-16-2021, 11:49 PM
Planar Protector

I think everyone is always in agreement to get the Childs Tear, but many players understand that is not an easy task, and choose to do other things while they wait[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] OP wouldn't be posting if Childs Tears were as common in EQ as they are in real life.

Epic is a bit overrated when it comes to leveling though. With Fungi, JBB, Fungi Staff, and Black Fur Boots, you are pretty comparable in solo speed, you just got to play differently than root rot. I got to 60 pretty quick with those things and without Epic.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 09-16-2021 at 11:52 PM..
Old 09-16-2021, 11:57 PM
Banned

Depending on the server you are playing, it could be easy or difficult for you to get your

epic

on green, loot hasn't been added to the golem loot table, so a lot of people have been

getting their epics no problem

not sure what the situation on blue is though atm
Closed Thread