Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 07-24-2010, 05:07 PM
Planar Protector

Default Watchman Boots/Watchman Dexlin

This was in the Resolved section, but unfortunately has not been resolved. Going through the quest dialogue with Watchman Dexlin in NK is supposed to spawn a number of tiny skeletons just north of the wizzy spires. You then collect the remains from the skeletons and combine them in a box that Dexlin gives you to turn back in to him for the next part of the quest.

Right now, it is impossible to complete this quest unless the server has been reset, Dexlin is up, and no tiny skeletons are up. The tiny skeletons, if not all killed, get stuck under the world and appear to be preventing any further spawning of the quest mobs for the next person who attempts the quest.

Pertinent info from the other thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigcountry23 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bumping this out of "resolved". There are still two skeletons that are below the geometry of the zone (meaning you have to find the watchman up twice to do this quest). I didn't notice on the last spawn becasue I only needed one skeleton. Found the skellys today and all 5 were up. Two are still trackable but below the ground. One is at 1073, -1713. The other is 832, -1837. There spawn points need to be changed so that they spawn above the ground.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmiles8 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes indeed. I've made several attempts to kill these things. For the last several weeks, there have been three on track over by the EK bridge, the last time the server came up, two of them were no longer under the world. One, however, still is. I've done Dexlin's dialogue on a few occasions.

I hypothesize that as long as the one lone tiny skeleton that is up, remains under the world, no new tiny skeletons will spawn. Perhaps their size is what allows them to wind up under the world. I've seen NPCs walk flatly through hilled terrain, and it's possible that they're only technically under the hill due to their size and the current z axis issues, a similar effect can be observed with steeper hills and larger NPCs in lavastorm.
Quest link: http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=375

Completely unrelated picture of delicious chicken fingers:
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Old 09-06-2010, 02:31 PM
Planar Protector

Bumpity-bump-bumparoo!

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Old 09-06-2010, 06:51 PM
Aviak

I've tried this quest a couple of times in the last few weeks. Both times, skeles were under the world NW of the EK bridge. From the old allas/etc posts about the quest the skeles have zone wide aggro and should be attacking you shortly after you get the box.

On the other hand, Watchman Dexlin has been up every time I've looked up in the tower. I doubt that's just my luck, because my luck isn't that good.
Old 04-22-2011, 07:10 PM
Project Manager

Fixed, pending update.

This looked and worked terrible.
Old 05-16-2011, 06:02 PM
Orc

I tried to get the skelly's to spawn after being so excited to see Dexlin up, but alas they did not. =( Still bugged.
Old 08-20-2011, 09:33 AM
Project Manager

I tried this quest last night and after speaking with Watchman Dexlin the tiny skeletons did spawn.

Should they path? Should they depop after a certain amount of time?
Old 06-05-2013, 12:50 PM
Project Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I tried this quest last night and after speaking with Watchman Dexlin the tiny skeletons did spawn.

Should they path? Should they depop after a certain amount of time?
Old 06-06-2013, 04:07 PM
Planar Protector

People always referred to having to rush to complete this quest but that might b bc Drex would depop before u could turn in boxes. Also people discribed "skeletal hordes" of 6 ish around when they went out looking so it appears that either people were spawning several instances of the 4 skeletons at once or left over ones from previous attempts were still roaming.

this was just info from the comments on Alla under the quest "Tiny skeletons".

here is a quote of sorta what i described above from 2001
This is the first quest I've completed (other than newbie semi-quests). The biggest problem is that Watchman Dexlin is SO RARE. I actually gave up on the quest after waiting for an entire weekend for him to spawn. I was passing through the area and sent an ooc msg asking if Dexlin was at the stone bridge, and he was. So I began the quest, and my level 20 ranger tracked the skeletons, most of which were blue cons. Unfortunately, about 6-8 skeletons were running together. They were very fast (I had SOW up, too). And they swarmed me. I kited back to the teleport ring, where some tough chars helped me out and let me loot the skeletons, or I wouldn't have been able to complete the quest. For as tough a quest as this can be (waiting, and the swarm of skels), it would take a group of level 17-20 chars, or kind help, like I got. All in all, the boots really aren't worth the trouble for most people, but I enjoyed completing the quest nonetheless.
Old 08-11-2021, 05:10 PM
Project Manager

Quote:
Fixed, pending update

This needed a full rewrite.

-Requires amiable or better
-Corrected spawn/despawn events of Dexlin/Bilbis, and the tiny skeletons
-tiny skeletons now path, and there are more of them
-Corrected faction rewards and added missing dialogue
Closed Thread