Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2021, 04:51 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's a nice change of pace from classic EQ. Sometimes I want that quick type of twitch combat, other times I'd rather just chill with something simpler

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-30-2021, 05:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's a nice change of pace from classic EQ. Sometimes I want that quick type of twitch combat, other times I'd rather just chill with something simpler
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah, I agree. I got my casual side games too. And I feel like New World will be fun for like a laid back humpday romp.
Old 09-30-2021, 07:51 PM
Planar Protector

This review is hilarious!

Quote:
Lastly, the gathering professions were fun and novel at first until I chopped down my 500th tree and realized the only reward for doing so is that the next 1,000 trees I chop down can be slightly bigger. This must be some sort of Satanic bitcoin mining operation. Between fast travel expenses, extremely limited inventory space and storage being localized to certain towns, it feels like these design choices are meant to cause you real, physical pain.
Old 10-01-2021, 08:40 AM
Banned

Old 10-01-2021, 09:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Btw tethlar I feel bad I know you are liking this game so i wont shit on it because I am wrong to it's an awesome game! I just am angry I cant be ogre.
No worries Jibs. Not everyone likes every game. There are certain gameplay elements in New World that are big turn offs for some people, like the action combat. I get it.

I scratches an itch for me, so I'm having a good time with it so far. 😊
Old 10-01-2021, 10:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can't even swim in NW

Lewls.
This actually cracks me up, every time. Crossing a river or lake totally submerged and walking like the fkn terminator across the bottom.

Though, I suppose in plate armor, nobody would be able to swim anyway. Maybe this is the most realistic version, haha.
Old 10-02-2021, 02:48 PM
Planar Protector

I've only made it to level 10 so I don't have enough experience to form a definite opinion. So far my judgement is - it's not bad. It was only $40 so from that aspect it's at least reasonable. It doesn't have the "fear" that EQ still triggers in me. Though, to be fair, there's a dearth of games that do.

Will see what I think at level 20 - if I make it that far.

-Mcoy
Old 10-06-2021, 08:35 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcoy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've only made it to level 10 so I don't have enough experience to form a definite opinion. So far my judgement is - it's not bad. It was only $40 so from that aspect it's at least reasonable. It doesn't have the "fear" that EQ still triggers in me. Though, to be fair, there's a dearth of games that do.

Will see what I think at level 20 - if I make it that far.

-Mcoy
Yup, it definitely has the WoW system of death. Which is actually made even easier since you can build your camp anywhere so you can always have a close respawn point. You know death doesn't matter when people (like in WoW and other "modern" MMOs) use killing themselves as a way to fast travel via respawn at the nearest city.

Leveling seems to slow down more after level 20, but it's still mostly in line with modern MMO leveling speed. It's funny hearing some younger people complain that it takes them an hour or two to get a level, etc. I'm just like wow you really have no idea what we went through in EQ lol
Old 10-06-2021, 12:40 PM
Planar Protector

After they sell all those copies for $39 how are they going to pay for the bandwidth six months from now?

Skins?

I know they made like 25 million on the initial sales, but that money goes real quick when you have a big corporation doing big corporation things.
Old 10-06-2021, 12:54 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBellamy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
After they sell all those copies for $39 how are they going to pay for the bandwidth six months from now?

Skins?

I know they made like 25 million on the initial sales, but that money goes real quick when you have a big corporation doing big corporation things.
To my knowledge they have a cosmetic cash shop right now, which as we've seen can be a large money maker for video game studios.

I also wouldn't be surprised if Amazon is willing to eat losses quarter over quarter in the future in order to have the game continue to go well. That would be totally consistent with Amazon's operating strategy when they have first delved into different areas in the past. They're willing to eat that loss for awhile in order to gain market share in the space; i.e. eat a loss for awhile on New World as long as overall the reception continues to be positive because it's part of Amazon's broader goal of establishing themselves as a reputable video game design studio, which means more and more money for them as they develop and release future games.
Closed Thread