Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2021, 11:16 AM
Banned

Has anyone see the very recent debate between Ben Shapiro and Ana Kasparian of the Young Turks?

According to his own subscribers (lol) Ben totally won. Thus far that I’ve watched (only about 20 min in) Ana has impressed me. She sounds like a dumb raging blonde on the Young Turks but here she is cordial and thoughtful. She is also making mini-concessions frequently, an effective debating tactic. Each concession has the effect of warming her to the audience who would see her as less close-minded than her opponent. That’s one tactic I noticed her using

Her concession about political news being essentially outrage merchants for $$ I found very true. However, both Young Turks and Daily Wire almost exclusively peddle righteous outrage every single fucking day. It’s how they get their clicks and I don’t see either of them stopping, not even for a day. So that concession is completely meaningless. Don’t identify the problem if you have no intention of fixing it, just makes you look like a hypocrite

Anyway, like I said I’m only 20 mins in, just what I overheard when shaving my head and showering the other day. I’ll finish it eventually

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=
Old 10-10-2021, 11:31 AM
Banned

Lol you watch people them comment on things they say
Old 10-10-2021, 12:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Has anyone see the very recent debate between Ben Shapiro and Ana Kasparian of the Young Turks?

According to his own subscribers (lol) Ben totally won. Thus far that I’ve watched (only about 20 min in) Ana has impressed me. She sounds like a dumb raging blonde on the Young Turks but here she is cordial and thoughtful. She is also making mini-concessions frequently, an effective debating tactic. Each concession has the effect of warming her to the audience who would see her as less close-minded than her opponent. That’s one tactic I noticed her using

Her concession about political news being essentially outrage merchants for $$ I found very true. However, both Young Turks and Daily Wire almost exclusively peddle righteous outrage every single fucking day. It’s how they get their clicks and I don’t see either of them stopping, not even for a day. So that concession is completely meaningless. Don’t identify the problem if you have no intention of fixing it, just makes you look like a hypocrite

Anyway, like I said I’m only 20 mins in, just what I overheard when shaving my head and showering the other day. I’ll finish it eventually

A hypocrite you say?
Old 10-10-2021, 12:21 PM
Planar Protector

We should really regulate the news.

Way sooner that we do social media.

Ive spent my whole life thinking that was impossible, but the news seems to think that it's a crazy idea not to regulate social media, so if they want to get rid of free speech lets start with the guys that started this whole civil war 30 years ago.
Old 10-10-2021, 12:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
haha the first question the liberal says the biggest problem is politicians that are able to trade stocks on information they have being a politician.

Fox news just did a big peace about the leading democrat doing that last night lol

Nancy Pelosi's financial dealings up to $315 million in assets

if only people would realize that the left and the right want the same things (except for social politics, which is something you should be discussing with your parents not me and the president)
Old 10-10-2021, 12:58 PM
Banned

If you dont tell factual information, you're not news. People really think tucker, hannity, and the 5 is "news" when in reality, its an opinion show. "No reasonable person would take this seriously" the lawyers for FOX said when tucker was being sued for his outrageous bullshit lies.
Old 10-10-2021, 12:59 PM
Banned

LOL YES YOU ARE

THE NEWS ITS SLANG FOR " WHAT IS NEW? " THAT CHANGED TO " ANY NEWS " LIKE NEW THINGS

ITS ALL NEW THINGS LOL
Old 10-10-2021, 01:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphys [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
LOL YES YOU ARE

THE NEWS ITS SLANG FOR " WHAT IS NEW? " THAT CHANGED TO " ANY NEWS " LIKE NEW THINGS

ITS ALL NEW THINGS LOL
Except for the good news. That's old news. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-10-2021, 01:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whale biologist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Except for the good news. That's old news. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
GOOD NEWS IS OLD NEWS AND BAD NEWS IS THE NEW GOOD NEWS FOR THOSE WHO KNEW WHICH NEW WAS NEWS AND WHICH NEW WASNT
Old 10-10-2021, 02:40 PM
Banned

Quote:

You should know that there is plenty of evidence both those people don't really believe what they say frequently. Shapiro didn't really have much an audience until he found incel politics sold very well. Kasperian pretends to be something like alt left or independent media -- whatever you want to call it -- but its just a skit for TYT segments. She (and Cenk) are both insider elitists that take money from billionaires and then proceed to slant the news their way on their "independent media" platform.

They were big Russiagaters for example. People complained and stop watching and following, they continued to push the propaganda. Not many people on the left them very seriously anymore. Jimmy Dore -- someone that used to be on their network -- has caused a lot of damage to them with his rants.

Something that even podcasters I like do that irrating-- they all kiss Joe Rogean's ass. Clearly he's very intelligent and amazing -- I mean look at all his god damn followers. Rogean, in turn, likes to kiss Elon Musk's ass. I mean, Look at all his god damn money -- he's obviously brilliant and completely amazing! Musk in turn, kisses his own ass. That is he did until he got so fat he can no longer reach.

Which is what this all is about. Respect and money runs all these people's lives. They can't help but sell out most the time. Most the "outsider" media -- well its outsider because the guy that started it couldn't be an insider yet.
Closed Thread