Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 05-16-2016, 11:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Jeff [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I played the beta for about 10-15 hours total and the gameplay experience was much the same as what one would find in Call of Duty. Not a game for me.
Much better gameplay experience then CoD. Each character has at least 4 special abilities which makes them unique compared to 1 ability in CoD. Its basically combining a MOBA and a FPS. I played about 20 hours of it and preordered before beta ended. This will be taking up the time i was spending playing LoL and some of FIFA time.
Old 05-16-2016, 11:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by iruinedyourday [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
what ever happened to star citizen? Did it crash?
Still around as far as I know. I never played it, not a fan of it from concept... which was a bit of ridiculous hype. Games that are pitched to be all things to everybody tend to be for nobody ...with exception to easily modifiable games.
Old 05-16-2016, 11:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thulack [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Much better gameplay experience then CoD. Each character has at least 4 special abilities which makes them unique compared to 1 ability in CoD. Its basically combining a MOBA and a FPS. I played about 20 hours of it and preordered before beta ended. This will be taking up the time i was spending playing LoL and some of FIFA time.
Its remarkable the level of design in OW compared to all other shooters. some do some of what OW does, but none do all of what OW does.

The controls are so balanced, the characters abilities and utility abilities. The maps are perfect, each one feels as balanced as the last. Even if you play the same game mode, though the layout is totally different the gameplay is the same. The audio is crazy. They ramp up the sounds more dangerous to the class you're playing or imminent threats. It's a gigantic machine of game design. Its truely incredible.

Its definitly a 'type' of game, and will aliante some players but I wouldnt be surprised if you dont at least know the general story of the game even if you dont play. Its going to be so huge it'll be a household name in no time.
Old 05-17-2016, 12:23 AM
Orc

ur sucking upto ow too much.
Old 05-17-2016, 12:38 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Folly [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
ur sucking upto ow too much.
Hes right tho, Overwatch is amazing, definitely better then most Triple A games that have come out in the past few years. Hell i don't even play my ps4 all that much but i have already pre ordered the PS4 overwatch collectors edition.

I was one of the first 100k players in league of legends and i told people how big that game would get and it did, so now im telling people how big overwatch is going to be and it will.
Last edited by Grubbz; 05-17-2016 at 12:45 AM..
Old 05-17-2016, 05:41 AM
Planar Protector

Don't know if I can invest anymore time into a Blizzard game, since they'll more then likely turn it into shit 6 months after release.
Old 05-17-2016, 07:37 AM
Banned

Yeah, it's not likely I'll be buying software or electronics out of absolute necessity for the foreseeable future. LOL. and not because I couldn't, but jesus lol. It's not just blizzard.
Old 05-17-2016, 08:40 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by iruinedyourday [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Its remarkable the level of design in OW compared to all other shooters. some do some of what OW does, but none do all of what OW does.

The controls are so balanced, the characters abilities and utility abilities. The maps are perfect, each one feels as balanced as the last. Even if you play the same game mode, though the layout is totally different the gameplay is the same. The audio is crazy. They ramp up the sounds more dangerous to the class you're playing or imminent threats. It's a gigantic machine of game design. Its truely incredible.

Its definitly a 'type' of game, and will aliante some players but I wouldnt be surprised if you dont at least know the general story of the game even if you dont play. Its going to be so huge it'll be a household name in no time.
Most people that still play P99 are just stuck in 2002 when it comes to video games. I was the same way til a few years ago then realized there were many other types of games out there i could enjoy especially ones that only take up 5-30 mins of your time at any given time. Sitting around waiting for mobs to spawn or just sitting and grinding endless xp just isnt worth it anymore. I rather enjoy myself playing other types of games. i went from basically only playing EQ on PC and CoD on Console to playing:LoL,Hearthstone, H1Z1, FIFA, UFC, The Culling, Rocket League etc. After enjoying myself playing all of these other games i really have no interest in what EQ gives anymore.
Last edited by Thulack; 05-17-2016 at 08:42 AM..
Old 05-17-2016, 10:58 AM
Planar Protector

Won't give blizzard money. They represent everything wrong with gaming in 2016.

I too hope no man's sky can provide some fun until a decent mmo launches.
Old 05-17-2016, 04:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by R Flair [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Won't give blizzard money. They represent everything wrong with gaming in 2016.

I too hope no man's sky can provide some fun until a decent mmo launches.
Sucks for you. Hearthstone and Overwatch are very fun.