Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 09-28-2016, 02:06 AM
Banned

Cool

Going from windows 3.1 to 95 was epic as fuck. I remember being floored when I was like 10. Then 98 came the perfected 95 imo. XP was good and that was it. 7 is good,but man I remember making fun of people who had 2000, and vista. Junkie as fuck
Old 09-28-2016, 02:23 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaboo_Cleric [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Going from windows 3.1 to 95 was epic as fuck. I remember being floored when I was like 10. Then 98 came the perfected 95 imo. XP was good and that was it. 7 is good,but man I remember making fun of people who had 2000, and vista. Junkie as fuck
If it wasn't for massive xp spyware/rootkits and directx, I'd still be using Windows XP.
Old 09-28-2016, 11:31 AM
Sarnak

think it was posted win7 loses support in 2020...

win10 they said marks the beginning of never dropping support (don't know how they'll manage that unless windows 10 forces you to upgrade)
Old 09-28-2016, 12:43 PM
Kobold

Windows 7 will obviously lose support at some point. 2020 sounds about right. However, support is going to be for existing hardware only pretty quick. Intel and AMD chips will not work with versions before Windows 10. So, if you want to upgrade at some point, dont expect to continue to use 7 or 8. The end is near.
Old 09-28-2016, 01:58 PM
Planar Protector

Still love 7, still hate 8, dont want 10 because its invasive innit
Old 09-28-2016, 01:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaboo_Cleric [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I might be the only one on the planet that liked Vista
Old 09-28-2016, 02:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I might be the only one on the planet that liked Vista
The only thing from Vista that I missed in Win 7 was the ability to scroll through your open windows like a rolodex
Old 09-28-2016, 02:10 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nihilist_santa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The only thing from Vista that I missed in Win 7 was the ability to scroll through your open windows like a rolodex
The windows key + tab thing? Or you mean somethin else
Old 09-28-2016, 02:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by xKoopa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The windows key + tab thing? Or you mean somethin else
I cant recall the command. It was something like the above though. I think it was called cascade mode or something.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-28-2016, 02:21 PM
Planar Protector

I would still be using windows XP if micro$oft had done a proper 64 bit version.
Windows 7 is the last OS that supports backwards compatibility imo. I will be sad when they finally drop it.

Windows 8 is a phone OS imo.
Windows 10,.. The only thing I like is DirectX 12 and other optimizations for gaming. But compared to the intrusive nature and being built for everyone. it can suck it.

Why cant windows make a bare bones gaming OS? With everything NOT turned on by default? Something for people who know about computers and know what they want. Everytime I do a fresh install of windows 7. I run a file that automatically disables a ton of services I'll never use. As well as other windows settings I prefer turned off. I seriously dislike the built for everyone out of the box mentality because that is never the case. Plus why would I want to waste my computers resources on shit I'll never use.

If they keep going in the direction of 8 and 10.. I'll switch to Linux before moving to a new OS
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Last edited by Baler; 09-28-2016 at 02:24 PM..
Closed Thread