Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2018, 11:35 AM
Planar Protector

I'm 6'7 250 and I would always snap chairs when I would lean back and stretch. I ended up getting a chair with a different bracket type and it solved all my issues.

Applying pressure in two different directions would always snap the standard cheaper chairs. the office chairs with the mesh back that I use at work haven't had any issues for sitting here 8+ hours a day for several years. I have another type of chair at home now as well that hasn't had any issues.

Halloween 2015 event: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/23440971

PL service
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=313502
Old 02-23-2018, 02:13 PM
Banned

the real trick is to get yourself a standing desk
Old 02-24-2018, 02:10 PM
Project Manager

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-27-2018, 12:43 AM
Aviak

All of the office chairs that are made in the modern era are put together in a hurry and made as cheaply as possible. They are throw-away chairs, they expect you to go buy another one after you wear it out in a year. Most things these days are either planned obsolescence or made cheap, they know Americans are consumers, they buy new instead of fixing old. Just stick a pillow behind your back on the chair when it leans back too much.
Old 02-27-2018, 04:16 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karkona [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
All of the office chairs that are made in the modern era are put together in a hurry and made as cheaply as possible. They are throw-away chairs, they expect you to go buy another one after you wear it out in a year. Most things these days are either planned obsolescence or made cheap, they know Americans are consumers, they buy new instead of fixing old. Just stick a pillow behind your back on the chair when it leans back too much.
A year is about right. That's almost exactly right.

PKer & Master Trainer and Terrorist of Sullon Zek
Kills: 1278, Deaths: 76, Killratio: 16.82
Old 02-27-2018, 09:02 AM
Planar Protector

ive had the same puter chair for liek 12-13 years. it's plush microfiber and is wide and deep enough that i can shift around comfortably, but still utilize the armrests if needed, which incidentally do not interested with my desk. i can put my feet up on it, sit indian style or liek sideways seiza or just lean back with my head against it which is comforting on its own ^^;
Old 02-27-2018, 09:26 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaight [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lose weight
Old 02-27-2018, 09:29 AM
Planar Protector

Also, don't buy some $100 or $200 chair from Staples or Office Depot or whatever. Invest in a nice computer chair. I used a Herman Miller for years and loved it up until I switched to a standing computer desk. They are expensive, but seriously take into account how much time you spend sitting in front of a computer. Your back will thank you for it.
Old 02-27-2018, 01:52 PM
Fire Giant

If you don't want to spend a lot of dough then get an IKEA Markus. They're only $200 and are the best chairs you can get without paying like $900. However, I would agree with others that spending that much for a Herman Miller or Steelcase is actually worth it if you can afford them.
Old 02-27-2018, 03:15 PM
Banned

sitting at your desk is seriously pleb retard mode.

get a standing desk and an uncomfortable stool

*rotates a full three thousand six hundred degrees in midair and places the quaffle in the hoop*
Closed Thread