Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 06-28-2021, 11:56 AM
Planar Protector

Kabouter. took me 2 days t grind 50-60. or close to 20 hous.
I got my epic.
Kunark launched last wednesday.
FUN.
Old 06-28-2021, 12:01 PM
Planar Protector

love mischife!

I am disappointed I'm not seeing Moss covered twig or gem encrusted ring drop or for sale, so those dont seem to be dropping.

You dont see a lot of pre nerf gather shadows hats either.

Idk why though because they have other legacy items, like guises and it's raining fungi staffs.
Old 06-28-2021, 12:31 PM
Planar Protector

Did you loot a fungi, or a staff yet?
Are you even 60, jibardick.

How do you know, it's raining staves?
I know, and it's true, and I made a lot of kr.

But I doubt you seen one with your eyes.
Old 06-28-2021, 12:51 PM
Planar Protector

Im loving Mischief too! Having a real great time.

I stocked up and flipped in the tunnel for a solid week and acquired 20 guises. I've sold exactly half of them already and have made back my krono investment + geared my bard completely. I think I'll hang on to the rest until late velious/luclin/pop.

Once I get 60 I'm going to try and finish my bard epic. I need trak guts, kedge backbone and skyfire guts and I'm done.

How's all your adventures going?

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Last edited by Evia; 06-28-2021 at 12:57 PM..
Old 06-28-2021, 01:33 PM
Planar Protector

I just sold some wood chips trash I got in KC last night in EC for 3 krono, that's like 50$ lol
Old 06-28-2021, 02:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Im loving Mischief too! Having a real great time.

I stocked up and flipped in the tunnel for a solid week and acquired 20 guises. I've sold exactly half of them already and have made back my krono investment + geared my bard completely. I think I'll hang on to the rest until late velious/luclin/pop.

Once I get 60 I'm going to try and finish my bard epic. I need trak guts, kedge backbone and skyfire guts and I'm done.

How's all your adventures going?
I'll give you tip: permafrost is great for guises. HBC. peggy cloak and it was eeeeeempty. (king camp is king, high priest zarhann and the two elite honor guard for 4 rares in a 10 feet radius)
I must have looted over 90 guises.
I am one kill away from my epic. (tonight baby!)
And I am having a fun time doing stuff, helping friends, running around.
flipping things in the tunnel (man people really don't care about kr and spend it liberally) and having all my tradeskills maxxed, which I had never done in EQ.
(but that little men that combine for you did it for me. No way I'm clicking a thousand times something just to make a subcombine for a subcombine to make something.

All in all, I am having a fun time but I think and really believe in my heart tat thornblade was the better option.

You know about the auctionner right?
Switch to mischief.
Old 06-29-2021, 12:38 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The TLP servers are not classic at all so decide if you want classic, or want...whatever the TLP stuff is. Don't worry about level rate.

The guys here talking about going to TLP have been playing project 1999 Classic -> velious for like ten years at this point so it makes sense for the desire to check other everquest out.
Ah I just started again and am enjoying it, but leveling is so slow for a casual like me (I know the journey, not the destination). And I kind of like some of the QoL (played on takp before), but don't like boxing that much.
So if the leveling speed is like times 3 that would be a bonus for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byue [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Kabouter. took me 2 days t grind 50-60. or close to 20 hous.
I got my epic.
Kunark launched last wednesday.
FUN.
20 hours is sort of what it took me to get to level 10 on p1999 I think [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]. Is this casual or mass AoE farming/swarming tactics?
And for the epic do the pieces also drop at random now? Or do you mean that because of instancing/no neckbearding it was easier?
Tbh I don't think I'll be able to keep up with the roll out of expansions at all, but who knows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byue [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'll give you tip: permafrost is great for guises. HBC. peggy cloak and it was eeeeeempty. (king camp is king, high priest zarhann and the two elite honor guard for 4 rares in a 10 feet radius)
I must have looted over 90 guises.
I am one kill away from my epic. (tonight baby!)
And I am having a fun time doing stuff, helping friends, running around.
flipping things in the tunnel (man people really don't care about kr and spend it liberally) and having all my tradeskills maxxed, which I had never done in EQ.
(but that little men that combine for you did it for me. No way I'm clicking a thousand times something just to make a subcombine for a subcombine to make something.

All in all, I am having a fun time but I think and really believe in my heart tat thornblade was the better option.

You know about the auctionner right?
Switch to mischief.
Why Thornblade over Mischief? And are feign death classes still the best option for players like me who might have to go AFK at any time or are there new/upcoming game mechanics that make it easier to go AFK in a pinch with other classes as well? I love playing an enchanter, but charming is just not afk friendly.
Old 06-29-2021, 01:02 AM
Planar Protector

Well no, enchanters aren't for you if you go AFK but you know this already.

AS for the grinding to 60, we were a pre-planned group of guildies but nothing fancy.
Warrior, rogue, ranger, wizard, enchanter, cleric. You can tell we just brute forced it up.
The good thing is we did 50-60 all in the same spot, chardok kennels and that's basically impossible here.

I'm the wizard.
In classic, only phinny dropped blue crystal staff but in kunak, gnarled staff dropped from Trak for me. (bonus mana robe)
nd the broken golem spawn every 8hours.

Here is an idea of what to expect about epics.

Not only that, but with the instances, the faster spawn rate, even with hundred of wizards, I could still get it within a week. 90% of my guild is epic'ed out already.
We actually had dkp bonus to reach 60 by friday, vp key by saturday and epic by sunday.
I got all three bonus and I don't play this hardcore.

Mischief has a big population, lots of competing guilds for out of world.
Their economy is weird as evidenced here
and a lot of the people playing TLP have done so for a while, now and apparently, I cannot confirm this, but all the bads and douches are on mischief.

Because it took me like 4 days throughout two expansions to get max level, the fun begins and end where you leave it.

Because of increased speed of everything, you will find what you are looking for.
Enjoy the server, whatever you play, may it be P99 or mischief or thornblade.
And don't forget to enjoy real life, too!

Misty thicket picnics are great but have one with friends, in the parc, too.
(and forget that marmalade sandwich)
Old 06-29-2021, 01:17 AM
Planar Protector

speaking of posting pics, post a pic of any of that [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-29-2021, 01:21 AM
Planar Protector

If I can confirm your identity on that server, I will gladly.

And then reroll on your server and make your life miserable.

P.S: I just like that you do not believe me because it betrays that you are nowhere near where I am in-game.

Even recondojoe saw, that I was decked out and geared and on my server's top guild.

But yeah, just give me your name, ima log on mischief and if it's you, I will gladly screenshot everything you want to see.
Which I know you do because envy is one of your traits.

So is jealousy.

Doesn't matter anyway.
I could have played 10 minutes and be max lvl and have my epic.
go krono.

Another thing that you cannot afford.
Last edited by Byue; 06-29-2021 at 01:24 AM..
Closed Thread