Closed Thread

Old 09-04-2021, 07:30 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Old 09-04-2021, 07:31 PM
Banned

nice screenshots
Old 09-19-2021, 02:37 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

I am not sure I can continue to play video games without feeling some form of guilt.

It has brought me a lot of happiness, but I wonder at what cost.

The endless hours which have been invested into these digital worlds, for what?

What do I have to show for the time I have lost? The friends I've made along the way?

Please brothers and sisters, if you feel any guilt when partaking in these activities I ask that you listen to your gut, and instead use your time investing into real tangible activities which produce good.

I don't mean to project my own troubling thoughts upon those of you who feel no guilt, but for those who do please address your conscience.
Old 09-20-2021, 12:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by the penitent thief [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It has brought me a lot of happiness, but I wonder at what cost.

The endless hours which have been invested into these digital worlds, for what?

What do I have to show for the time I have lost? The friends I've made along the way?
Oh it's fine! Totally cool. Don't be one of those brainwashed people who are made to think their lives matter and they should be doing something for humanity. No matter what you do it will be all completely erased when the heat death of the universe comes. Oh yeah, you can say it's like millions and millions of years in the future, but that's just being a slacker and putting things off because the delivery date is so far away.

We totally have enough people and genetic material so you don't have to reproduce or have a family to take you away from what you really enjoy! And don't worry, we also have tons of smart people at cern and harvard and such, so you don't need to come up with any great ideas either; it's all taken care of.

You might think this is all a big downer, but it's very liberating. When you realize how totally insignificant and unimportant you are it allows you to live your life the way you want to without any guilt about not doing things society expects you too (No I'm not talking about filling up your pick-up truck with prostitutes who somehow need a rez).

Those are some great screenshots! Keep being you!
Closed Thread