Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 01-16-2013, 04:58 PM
Planar Protector

Default Charm problems, mobs despawning

I'm trying to figure out what happened. I had the frog king charmed and burned his LOT like I always did on live back in the day and on red99. The frog king was 36-38% when I zoned. Then I gated back to recharm and finish battle and he was despawned. Similar situation happened last night with tactician, but I can't remember the exact order of how it happened. With the mob regen kicking into effect there is no way any dots could have killed him trying to figure out what happened, and if you guys are aware of any current type of problem with charm/despawning. Thank you [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-16-2013, 05:11 PM
Banned

Was there anyone else in the zone at the time?
Old 01-16-2013, 05:21 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm trying to figure out what happened. I had the frog king charmed and burned his LOT like I always did on live back in the day and on red99. The frog king was 36-38% when I zoned. Then I gated back to recharm and finish battle and he was despawned. Similar situation happened last night with tactician, but I can't remember the exact order of how it happened. With the mob regen kicking into effect there is no way any dots could have killed him trying to figure out what happened, and if you guys are aware of any current type of problem with charm/despawning. Thank you [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This happened recently with the Tactician as well. I was duoing with a enchanter. enchanter had a pet charmed (I think a Bok) and was attacking Tact - only two mobs up. he then zones, the Bok resets and the Tact despawned.

I've been camping King for the last 2 weeks straight, lots of weird stuff happens in that room.
MassiveMarc: Then we will poopsock in the shade.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nizzarr View Post
Vox was tanked by hughman in plain sight, we found out that the bard could attack tru the wall there(more lucky than exploit) and we just pilled everyone there.
Old 01-16-2013, 05:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Massive Marc [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This happened recently with the Tactician as well. I was duoing with a enchanter. enchanter had a pet charmed (I think a Bok) and was attacking Tact - only two mobs up. he then zones, the Bok resets and the Tact despawned.

I've been camping King for the last 2 weeks straight, lots of weird stuff happens in that room.
yeah i was that chanter. tact had a tiara too. really left a bitter taste in my mouth. now i just dont zone out with mobs engaged with a charmed pet
Old 01-16-2013, 05:56 PM
Planar Protector

ya it's totally bizarre, mobs shouldnt be despawning when they should reset though :l ugh
Old 01-16-2013, 05:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slave [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Was there anyone else in the zone at the time?
nobody was there ya
Old 01-16-2013, 07:22 PM
Planar Protector

Were the charmed mobs midcast while engaged when you zoned? I.e. charmed mob keeps fighting and dies while you zone back. Could be something to test.

If it is straight up despawning that is most strange.
Old 01-17-2013, 04:50 PM
Fire Giant

No, it happened just like it did in my post.

2 mobs in king room.
1 Bok knight (guard? whatever it is)
1 Tactician

Bok is charmed and attacks tactician at his spawn point.
Enchanter zones when Tactician is at 10%.
Tactician immediately despawns upon enchanter zoning and bok resets.

Me lvl 59.
chanter lvl 60.

loot was a plat tiara (doesn't matter, I think ?)

--------

On a side note, There is major issues with charming mobs in king room and leaving them up. It creates a weird agro range that pulling any mob in that room will pull the whole room, when regularly (depending on how they con) you can pull the room in 3 splits if the bok knights are light blue. but if a enchanter leaves charmed mobs up, EVEN IF they're light blue, it will pull the whole room and SOMETIMES the kor shaman outside of the king room.

I have no clue how to reproduce this, but it always happens after I take the camp from a chanter.
MassiveMarc: Then we will poopsock in the shade.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nizzarr View Post
Vox was tanked by hughman in plain sight, we found out that the bard could attack tru the wall there(more lucky than exploit) and we just pilled everyone there.