Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 03-08-2018, 07:43 PM
Planar Protector

Put it all in DEX. It doesn't matter. The RNG is going to kick your ass no matter what you do.
Old 03-13-2018, 10:42 AM
Kobold

5STA eqals 12 hp at level 60?

I would put as many points into CHA as possible and rest into INT (for up to 60 mana untill 255) or STR (since HIE are very weak and get encumbered fast).

Better to go for +hp items and going max CHA with rest INT would allow to swap in more +hp items without suffering too much impact on CHA and INT imho. Froggy robe for example has also +STR to get a bit higher weight allowance.

Vallon Zek (1999-2003) <Boten der Apokalypse, House T'Sai, Innoruuk's Legion, Orden des Lichts, Ancient Orden, Ancient Dawn>
[65 Barb SHM] Stear | [54 DE CLR] Palanthas
Old 03-21-2018, 04:03 PM
Planar Protector

Personally I always want to keep charisma as close to max as possible without paying huge opportunity costs to do so. The number of times that an enchanter goes from full mana to no mana and then wipes because he is oom, or the number of times that an extra 100 hp is the difference between life and death (especially if you have hp buffs, and MOST especially if you also have a healer present), is small compared to the constant benefit you receive to your lulls, charms, and imo mez (never tested it but mezzes pretty plainly resist less often than typical MR-based spells like root or slow or stuns and I've always just assumed charisma had an effect on mezzes sticking better) working better.

Strength is just a convenience starting stat imo. Even brand new on a chanter with no gear at all, having a crap strength score never felt like it was holding me back because I couldn't carry that one more bronze longsword to town or because I had to delete (or change it at a vendor) my copper and silver sometimes if I stayed away from a bank for too long.

Intelligence is fine, but it is much easier to cap than charisma and as I was hinting at above, it's usually your solo/group pace and your mana regen that matter, not your max mana pool. Very, very rare is a death/wipe caused by running out of mana unless you screwed up by starting the fight at 60m instead of 100m.

Stam is a very low return on hp, but personally I'd prefer stam points over anything else than charisma.

Other stuff is dump stats or roleplay.
Closed Thread