Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 02-21-2018, 11:46 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Conflicting advice for Ench starting points

Coming back to Everquest after playing on Vallon Zek race pvp server back 17 years ago or so.

I have read 2 conflicting enchanting starting stats wiki posts:

1) The only real debate is between where to put the 5 remaining points (STA or INT)
2) Put in 15 CHA and 15 INT if playing High Elf (which I am)
3) Put in 25 CHA and 5 STR to avoid constant encumberance

Bear in mind this toon is meant to be min/maxed.

I chose to go 20 CHA 5 INT and 5 STR which I thought was decent since High Elf already starts with really high CHA, but looking to hear others opinions about end game stat advice.
Old 02-22-2018, 09:25 AM
Planar Protector

Totally go full CHA, higher end equip with good CHA isn't that common so having higher starting CHA will allow you later on to reserve only that many slot sfor +CHA items and be able to equip more higher end stuff which you like but which have no or little CHA.

That was a long ass sentence.
Old 02-22-2018, 11:42 AM
Aviak

Full CHA is the way to go.
Old 02-22-2018, 01:36 PM
Sarnak

I think in theory, the Sta is where you want to put the points since velious gear is just loaded with intelligence.
Old 02-22-2018, 02:12 PM
Fire Giant

If Min/maxing, the answer is probably +25 Cha and +5 Sta. The +5 sta is going to give you a whopping 12(?) HP at 60, though, so you should consider if that is worth it. I would consider 25 Cha/5 int, if only because you will get a little closer to the int cap and cam perhaps dump one piece of int gear for something with more +hp, +mana, or resists at a later date.

That being said, it’s so minimal to really be irrelevant.
Old 02-22-2018, 04:11 PM
Planar Protector

Str so when your charm breaks you're not encumbered and you can get that cloth ass to a ZL
Old 02-26-2018, 08:39 AM
Fire Giant

If you are rich than it probably doesn't matter much, since you can gear up what's missing. If not, in order to become rich, max CHA first and put the rest into STR. Even try to get a bit of STR gear where its not hindering CHA, since being encumbered all the time is a big fun killer (and dangerous).
Old 02-26-2018, 05:55 PM
Sarnak

Str isn't a bad option. Although down the road, you're pockets are going to be so lined you'll be rocking tink bags and bedlam gives a nice str boost and is up all the time anyway.
Old 03-08-2018, 10:23 AM
Sarnak

strength is completely wrong, you are never encumbered as an enchanter in the end game between random strength bonuses on armor and weight reduction bags....

It's also not much of an issue at lower levels because your gear is so light.

25 into cha , if you are some kind of hardcore OCD gamer, put 5 into sta....otherwise 25cha 5int, I don't think you will regret going 25cha 5int... you won't need that 5 int in the end game you probably won't get to, but that 5 stamina is only worth 12hp so you won't miss it unless you are hardcore OCD....
Last edited by trite; 03-08-2018 at 10:26 AM..
Old 03-08-2018, 10:33 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraklin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Coming back to Everquest after playing on Vallon Zek race pvp server back 17 years ago or so.

I have read 2 conflicting enchanting starting stats wiki posts:

1) The only real debate is between where to put the 5 remaining points (STA or INT)
2) Put in 15 CHA and 15 INT if playing High Elf (which I am)
3) Put in 25 CHA and 5 STR to avoid constant encumberance

Bear in mind this toon is meant to be min/maxed.

I chose to go 20 CHA 5 INT and 5 STR which I thought was decent since High Elf already starts with really high CHA, but looking to hear others opinions about end game stat advice.
If you want to be min/max reroll +25cha +5sta , strength will be zero issue in the end game and your int will be higher than 255 no matter what because of how much int is on velious raid gear
Closed Thread