Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-19-2018, 10:23 PM
Banned

Please make easy game easier please
Old 02-19-2018, 10:25 PM
Fire Giant

Did you ever once consider that it might be you that sucks and not root?
Old 02-19-2018, 10:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1203jjt [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Could someone please explain why root breaks all the time? I'm talking about casting it on blues, and it breaks 2 seconds later. This sort of defeats the purpose of having a root spell at all...
OMG quit you whining, root more reliable here than it was on live. Had a few quick root breaks the other day and it was nostalgia time baby.
Old 02-19-2018, 11:16 PM
Planar Protector

Its just straight resist checks.

If you tash/malo the mob it will stay rooted much longer. For most blue mobs you can expect the root spell to last the entire duration at higher levels.

I rarely see a blue mob break paralyzing earth (3 min root) unless I nuke it. For harder mobs frequently tash/malo makes it last the full duration.

I do think that there is actually something screwy about how root break checks work on p99, but I don't think thats what you are describing. Sounds like you are just low lvl and trying to get root to stick on even cons or high mr mobs.

The only thing I will actually consider is that waaay back they did adjust the root resist checks (several years ago). I don't think that I've played a low lvl caster since they made those changes...it is possible that the resist checks at low lvl need tweaking. Again, all things above considered, it may just be your lvl and choice of mobs.
Last edited by fastboy21; 02-19-2018 at 11:18 PM..
Old 02-20-2018, 12:17 AM
Kobold

Good question OP and very understandable your confusion as many often just assume that the root spell holds the mobs in place by sucking them down to the ground like some kind of quick sand or something but that is more in the paralyzing earth line while the root spell actually causes roots that are in the ground to grow out and grab the creature by the foot/leg/whatever movement method they use and holds them for a certain amount of time, either until the roots weaken on their own or until the creature's magical resistance allows them to break free of these roots so hope this helps and let me know if you come by a child's tear you want to sell for 5k or so we can talk ok thanks. Double it until it
Old 02-20-2018, 12:19 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1203jjt [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And it just broke 8 times on a hill giant in NK, forcing me to gate...a white con, which I was only able to get to 70% health because root kept breaking...this is not right.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg borimir.jpg (13.3 KB, 190 views)

Magelo : https://wiki.project1999.com/Magelo_Blue:Exadar
Old 02-20-2018, 12:29 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakerees [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Good question OP and very understandable your confusion as many often just assume that the root spell holds the mobs in place by sucking them down to the ground like some kind of quick sand or something but that is more in the paralyzing earth line while the root spell actually causes roots that are in the ground to grow out and grab the creature by the foot/leg/whatever movement method they use and holds them for a certain amount of time, either until the roots weaken on their own or until the creature's magical resistance allows them to break free of these roots so hope this helps and let me know if you come by a child's tear you want to sell for 5k or so we can talk ok thanks. Double it until it
OMG Jake, I think I love you.
Old 02-20-2018, 01:01 AM
Planar Protector

Good question
Also why does charm suck?
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 02-20-2018, 04:19 AM
Fire Giant

Played a druid during live 1997 and on.

was my understanding a mob that was rooted could break root upon taking direct damage(melee / spell/ability)

Why druid kind of sucked due to most of the druid root line having a dd component. You would cast root mob become root then damage was applied and since you did direct damage could break root right away. DOTS that did no direct damage would not break root this way.

so much uproar from druid complaining led to Sony changes the druid spell lines. They where changed so that initial DD component of root had a reduced or no chance to break the root I do not remember exact changes.

How P1999 goes about this implementing this effect i do not know. In my time here on p1999 I have seen other classes root behave like i remember them from live in so far that if you beat on the mob and or direct damage them while it is rooted they tend have root break.

Hope this helps or whatever 8)

general info on root roting tactic but desribes my memories of playing druid during live :

http://everquest.wikia.com/wiki/Root_rotting

-------------------------------------------------------------
Nilbog:

" I'll keep making classic changes when I can, regardless if people threaten to quit. I'm here to recreate classic eq; not to make people happy."
Last edited by Buellen; 02-20-2018 at 04:32 AM..
Old 02-20-2018, 05:01 AM
Fire Giant

Default More info:

root discussion from p1999 boards circa 2014:

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...=156778&page=5

INFORMATION BELLOW IS NOT EVIDENCE:

I post this here as it correlates with this discussion and i could not find any era correct information. the information makes sense to me but each of you reading this will do your own interpretation.

http://wiki.eqemulator.org/p?Spells_Mechanics

"
ROOT

SE_Root (99)
​Root has an innate chance to break every buff tick.
There is a 70% chance to trigger a resist check each tick.
If resist check fails root will fade.
There is a lower bounds 6% chance per tick of root breaking no matter what. (If you have 0% chance to resist the spell due to Tash/Green con)
Root has an innate chance to break every time a direct damage spell is applied
​There is an approximately 70% chance of root breaking from a DD spell if target is greater than your level, equal to your level or (1) level less than you.
There is an approximately 55% chance of root breaking from a DD spell if the target is (2) levels less then you.
There is an approximately 42% chance of root breaking from a DD spell if target is between (3) and (20) levels less then you.
There is an approximately 14% chance of root breaking from a DD spell if target is (20) levels less then you.
SE_RootBreakChance (244) 'Visicid Roots AA' Reduces the baseline root break chance (ie 70%) by the effect value.
When a root is cast by a player with this effect the reduced root break chance is applied directly to the root.
The benefit is therefore given to any player casting on that NPC with the root. (opposed to only the caster of the root).
When multiple roots are applied to the same target the root in the first slot is always removed first from spell damage.
Only roots from determinental spells can be broken by direct damage spells. "

-------------------------------------------------------------
Nilbog:

" I'll keep making classic changes when I can, regardless if people threaten to quit. I'm here to recreate classic eq; not to make people happy."
Closed Thread