Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Old 08-08-2023, 03:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My Gnome Warrior has 140+ STR with EC gear, and I didn't even focus on STR when picking his gear. This is without any Warrior specific clickie buffs. Gnome Warriors start with 60 STR. The reality is tank gear in Velious simply has a lot of STR on it, and you don't need 200+ STR to level.

I wouldn't, 21 hp may make you survive your mana is pointless dead.
4 points on STA is 21 HP.

I'll take 100+ mana over 21 HP any day of the week.
I wouldn't, 21 hp may save you
Old 08-08-2023, 03:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripqozko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I wouldn't, 21 hp may save you
So could 100 mana. Life taps recover more than 21 HP, and FD will stop you from taking damage. Remember than SK FD costs mana, unless you are using BE Greaves.

If you are talking about raiding specifically, you can cap STA with any race in raid gear + buffs, so it doesn't really matter.
Old 08-08-2023, 03:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So could 100 mana. Life taps recover more than 21 HP, and FD will stop you from taking damage. Remember than SK FD costs mana, unless you are using BE Greaves.

If you are talking about raiding specifically, you can cap STA with any race in raid gear + buffs, so it doesn't really matter.
I'm not FDing while tanking trash in tov
Old 08-08-2023, 03:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
and you don't need 200+ STR to level.
Nor does a sk need 20 extra intelligence to level …

(or ever really need it at all for all for that matter)
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Planar Protector

Quote:

That's false I'm 4 sta short and almost full raid gear, missing 3 pieces
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripqozko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm not FDing while tanking trash in tov
If you are tanking trash in ToV, you can simply get better gear to cap STA. All SK races can cap STA with Riotous Health + Raid Gear.
Old 08-08-2023, 03:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
If you are tanking trash in ToV, you can simply get better gear to cap STA. All SK races can cap STA with Riotous Health + Raid Gear.
My gear is really good I don't cap with buffs

https://ibb.co/d2SmKfJ

I can magelo later If you want, there's not a ton of upgrades in there
Old 08-08-2023, 03:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
That's false I'm 4 sta short and almost full raid gear, missing 3 pieces
Quote:
My gear is really good I don't cap with buffs

https://ibb.co/d2SmKfJ

I can magelo later If you want, there's not a ton of upgrades in there
https://wiki.project1999.com/Magelo_Blue:EruditeSKMan - This is an example I made of an Erudite with BiS raid gear. They are capping on STR and STA without buffs. But the Erudite has not capped on INT, even when they are the highest INT SK in the game.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 08-08-2023 at 03:32 PM..
Old 08-08-2023, 03:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sta if you’re just grouping/raiding.
Int if ya wanna min max.
dex for casual greenmist procs.

Int will serve you the best overall imo.
INT is a lot more powerful than STR for reducing downtime for SKs. Fear kiting taking no hits is much more efficient than trying to kill something faster with a little more STR. And the extra 200 mana you get from 20 INT eventually paired with mana regen can help you go longer in full 100-0 mana sessions & solo artist stuff where you are blowing your entire mana pool. Sure you have to med longer but nobody is really advocating for lower INT to lower MED times. Just afk longer and be more productive irl.

STA is fine if you just want to group tank & raid tank stuff as I mentioned before. And dex will be fun for greenmist procs.

I've leveled 4 SKs. Eventually I will do the last 2 races.

The answer is INT.
Old 08-08-2023, 03:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
https://wiki.project1999.com/Magelo_Blue:EruditeSKMan - This is an example I made of an Erudite with BiS raid gear. They are capping on STA without buffs.
With BiS, you know as well as me that takes long time, sta gonna help you for long time I'm in mostly 2nd/3rd bis and some bis like tuna sword and brain.