Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2018, 03:04 PM
Sarnak

Default Alchemy profitability vs time?

Fellow shammies!

I've enjoyed leveling up my alchemy for fun and conevience -- it's great being able to make my own SoW and Shrink pots.

I'm level 53 now, starting to really think about saving up for torpor. For the veterans out there, do you think it's worth it getting my alchemy up so I can start selling Stinging Wort pots? Or, once you factor in the cost of skilling up + time in EC, is it more profitable to just grind out in a cash camp? My current cash grind camp earns about 1k/hr.
Old 08-14-2018, 03:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by garfo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
do you think it's worth it getting my alchemy up so I can start selling Stinging Wort pots
No.

Quote:
Originally Posted by garfo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
once you factor in the cost of skilling up + time in EC, is it more profitable to just grind out in a cash camp
Yes, by a very wide margin. Alchemy will not make you more money than old Seafuries, or even new Seafuries. If you factor in the time it takes to run back to your hometown for ingredients, the time it takes to make the pots, and then the time you have to spend sitting in EC, Alchemy is terrible compared to earning plat at a traditional camp.

But Everquest isn't just about doing things that make sense. Tradeskills (like languages, alcohol tolerance, in-game lore, etc.) are pretty much a terrible idea across the board in a logical sense ... but who plays an 18-year old elf sim for logic?

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 08-14-2018 at 03:54 PM..
Old 08-14-2018, 11:54 PM
Kobold

I have ~165 alchemy. And I *still* rather just buy potions in EC because of the huge inconvenience it is to hit up a bank for your bag(s) and then hit up random, isolated vendors. Also, trying to pawn potions in EC is enough to make you wish there was a bazaar on p99.

Nevertheless, if you remain steadfast and foolhardy, might I recommend the Barbarian shopkeepers in NRO and Romya in EC.
Old 08-15-2018, 03:33 AM
Planar Protector

Best location for potion making is thurgadin. Vendors and banker are in the same building a few steps from each other.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 08-17-2018, 01:15 AM
Orc

If you are saving torpor, cash camps / seb etc is the way to go. I was able to finally buy torp from that.

I still make pots, for fun. I enjoy crafting, and I love the social aspect and interaction. So it is worth for these aspects of the game. But if torpor is your firstmost and primary goal, I would just focus on where the plat is at, and that is not in pots [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Alarya 52 cleric
Closed Thread