Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-15-2018, 05:15 AM
Aviak

Don't listen to their snake juice, I've been waiting for a new server for a LONG time. I really hope they do it but I understand if it's just not in the cards. If it comes about hopefully we can all get a heads up to rally friends and guilds back together again for the start. Also I heard nothing in sirkens videos about a new server so don't listen to that ass
Old 08-15-2018, 06:47 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qtip [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sirken's last stream or the one before that, he gave the launch date when it will be released this holiday. Check it out on youtube and hit subscribe.
Ok
Old 08-15-2018, 07:59 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axlrose [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
After almost twenty years of playing the same game in numerous versions, find something else to do with your life already!
This. It is a server dedicated to a two year era at the beginning of a 20 year old game's lifespan. It has the potential to engage and entertain people for a decent chunk of time, but the reality is that at some point that comes to an end. Any issues that exist in the game will exist in the 'new' version of the server within 60-90 days. Any items that are only available at launch will be unattainable because they will be camped 24/7 by people that have no jobs/lives/need to go to the bathroom in a toilet. Just be like everyone else and play it until you lose interest, take a long break from it, then come back and enjoy it again, rinse, repeat.
Old 08-15-2018, 08:31 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axlrose [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't understand the mindset of people when they make posts like this:

- played every class and race combination to maximum level.
- has so much platinum that they are fearful of some integer rolling over to negative.
- have done everything possible in the game three times over.

Just so they can then go to a "brand new server":

- to start with the fastest leveling class and race combination to be first to level 60.
- to squat at the best paying camps so when they start that next alt, they are set.
- to know what areas and monsters are just not worth the bother another time round.
This guy hit the nail on the head.
Old 08-15-2018, 09:39 AM
Fire Giant

People are gonna enjoy green just as much as you like telling them they arnt allowed to
Old 08-15-2018, 09:41 AM
Planar Protector

Wipe it clean 2019
Old 08-15-2018, 09:51 AM
Sarnak

Rogean, shut it all down and only allow 1 day of playtime per year: the day EQ launched.

Productivity for 1200 people = restored.
Old 08-15-2018, 01:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zalora [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Everyone at this point has maxed alts for every class, a billion plat in their banks, and everyone is bored doing the same things over and over.

Green server when?
And yet...I still manage to find newbies daily. Good and bad to it.

Special shout out to the 55 necro with his epic I grouped with in seb the other night that didn't know what screaming terror was...and didn't want to use it "because its a low lvl spell".

It does bother me that ppl who are totally clueless are so advanced on this server. I don't know why exactly, it just does. Fools like him wouldn't have made it past their newbie yards when the server originally started, much less practically have an epic handed to him.
Old 08-15-2018, 01:38 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastboy21 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And yet...I still manage to find newbies daily. Good and bad to it.

Special shout out to the 55 necro with his epic I grouped with in seb the other night that didn't know what screaming terror was...and didn't want to use it "because its a low lvl spell".

It does bother me that ppl who are totally clueless are so advanced on this server. I don't know why exactly, it just does. Fools like him wouldn't have made it past their newbie yards when the server originally started, much less practically have an epic handed to him.
sorry you didnt get your epic
Old 08-15-2018, 01:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastboy21 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hah, a lot of them quit. Personally I knew at least half a dozen Paladins (and at least one Warrior) who put all their starting points in stamina "for endgame" and quit by level 30 in frustration at being constantly encumbered, re-learning the hard way that EQ of 1999 was not the same as EQ of 2005-2008.

A new server, under the P1999 name, would be much different than P99's original form if due to greatly increased population if nothing else. It would not shock me at all if sufficient turnout existed to demand more than a single server, at least at first. Even DAOC-Uthgard (a game half as popular as EQ, for half the time) attracted thousands initially. MMO Emulation is a lot more popularly accepted than it was a decade ago, in no small part thanks to P1999.

Danth
Closed Thread