Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 01-12-2016, 07:35 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by frammelpie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Excellent! It's working again, off of the old 1mgm.sf2 file.

Curious though, the sound file you are using now - is that a drastic difference in sound? Is it a better version of the original in some way?
No big difference. Some things sound better, some worse. I just like the way it sounds in nro since I ran so many alts through there back in the day and that song is stuck in my head permanently.
Old 04-09-2016, 04:13 PM
Planar Protector

A few things sound better, but imo, too much sounds worse. It makes some of the most memorable music totally off-key.
Old 06-26-2016, 01:00 PM
Planar Protector

Bumping this one too for Good music listening!
Old 06-26-2016, 07:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ir0nfist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bassmidi won't work with anything after Win 7 as far as I know because midi mapper has been removed. I linked to VirtualMidiSynth a couple years ago a few pages back. That will work and still does. I just decided to maybe play a little bit and it works. I'm using a different soundfont though than most others as well. You have to disable "Increase Process Priority to REALTIME" in virtualmidisynth options or it won't work from my experience.
VirtualMidiSynth
Soundfont I use: FluidR3_GM.sfArk
Needed to decompress that font: sfark
Makes the music beautiful, that soundfont is awesome.
Old 12-22-2016, 03:39 AM
Decaying Skeleton

I'm also running Windows 10. In order to get things working properly I followed the steps in the first post. The only difference is that I had to use a tool called: Vista MIDI Tool

Download and run the Vista MIDI Fix.exeas administrator. Once the program is open, select the BASS MIDI port that you configured in the early steps.

I had to relaunch EQ afterwards. My original issue with the MIDI music was that it would become distorted after a few zone changes. This fixed that issue for me.

Cheers!
Old 03-09-2017, 11:55 PM
Skeleton

Does this actually work h0bbit? I had this working in the past on windows 7 and loved it. But every time I have tried it on windows 10 (bootcamp) it either makes the midi sound all distorted or it completely destroys all midi playback.
Old 03-28-2017, 09:57 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Is there a quick fix for the combat music not shuffling? This seems to have been an issue since launch.
Old 05-16-2017, 04:09 AM
Orc

Default Possible Fix for the MIDI

I noticed a lot of the MIDI music sounded really funky, I remember it sounding a lot better on my AWE 32 back in the day.

I just could not take it anymore so I spent 3 hours sorting it out last night, I made a load of level 1 toons and ran them around a bit to check the music and I think I've pretty much sorted it.

It now sounds exactly like it used to on my AWE 32, I did a live stream of it this morning, the video is here : https://www.twitch.tv/videos/144247757

If there is a certain zone you want me to do please let me know and I'll do a recording of it.

Please let me know what you all think, comments/criticism more than welcome [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-25-2017, 02:17 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

This is great, how do I do this for myself?
Old 07-12-2017, 02:45 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Crash

This apparently caused my game to freeze upon attempting to connect to the server.

Game ran fine before, but then after following the steps in this guide, I suddenly could no longer get to the character select screen. The game would simply freeze and I'd have to cntrl+alt+del to close it.

I tried disabling firewall, resetting resolution settings, and combed through the archives of p99 in a desperate search for a solution to the freezing issue.

Then just before outright reinstalling everything, it dawned on me that it could be the file and program from this guide causing the issue!

Uninstalled the program & deleted the file -- EUREKA! -- everything works again. Dunno if anyone else had this problem, but I guess I'll just have to live with the music as is [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]