Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-15-2017, 05:35 PM
Planar Protector

Default Ranger track

Hey is track fixed on this server?

On live ranger track worked maximum flawless and you could find any target in the zone pretty much?

On live bard and druid track was super weak in comparison and sort of useful

I don't have any trackers on p99 anymore does it work right yet?
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 04-15-2017, 07:06 PM
Sarnak

Track is broken because of the hack protection system they put in place. TBH will prob never get fixed for that reason.
Old 04-15-2017, 09:43 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Retticus

Was on top of haynar top priority list in 2015
Old 04-16-2017, 01:14 AM
Planar Protector

Last time I heard, hax were working as intended maybe we can get track dialed in.

Basically...track here is a "what mob is up" feature, correct?

If so, does it work wide range for rangers like it should and not so wide for druid and bard?
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 04-18-2017, 09:29 AM
Sarnak

Ranger track range is not the issue and is wider than bard/druid. The distance feature is also accurate, meaning if they are closest on track, they are the closest to you and if getting farther down the list, then they are actually getting farther away, which is probably the best way to track currently. The track will also zero in if you get within a certain range, even if its not leading you in the right direction to start and you get within a certain distance or even LoS, the direction will zero in and become accurate for the remainder of your time in zone, even if they TL box in zone, evac or gate within the zone. The problem is when you zone in or someone zones in, track is not accurate until those things come in to place. For mobs track works fine for both distance and direction.
Old 04-18-2017, 06:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiet [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ranger track range is not the issue and is wider than bard/druid. The distance feature is also accurate, meaning if they are closest on track, they are the closest to you and if getting farther down the list, then they are actually getting farther away, which is probably the best way to track currently. The track will also zero in if you get within a certain range, even if its not leading you in the right direction to start and you get within a certain distance or even LoS, the direction will zero in and become accurate for the remainder of your time in zone, even if they TL box in zone, evac or gate within the zone. The problem is when you zone in or someone zones in, track is not accurate until those things come in to place. For mobs track works fine for both distance and direction.
No it doesn't do shit. Druid and bard track should be extremely accurate if that's the case. It's like 5% accurate. At best.

Don't listen to Quiet.
Old 04-20-2017, 08:26 AM
Sarnak

This only applies to my experiences on druid/bard. I think Rangers get other tracking features that Druids/Bards don't, but not sure... don't care.

If someone enters my tracking range (roughly anything out of visual range), tracking will report them 180 degree wrong direction. Within visual range it reports accuratly. Sometimes large zones and proximity to zonewall (not zoneline) can mess this up.

When the tracking adjusts to report the correct direction is a crap shoot, but honestly I've just not cared enough to figure out the mechanics. Works well enough most of the time when I actually need it.

The tracking order sorts by what spawned last in the zone (NPC) and who entered the zone last (Player). Helps to figure out if someone is in zone long time, where they might be, etc.

Nothing scientific, just how I have adjusted to the broken system.
Old 04-20-2017, 10:17 AM
Planar Protector

Thanks for pro tips I think this is a big deal and should be fixed for one of rangers main aspects of utility.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 04-20-2017, 10:52 AM
VIP / Contributor

Lotsa shady people here can hook you up.

Seek out HPT for HPM
Old 04-20-2017, 11:00 AM
Planar Protector

I don't know any shady people or what hpt or hpm is
Lost but not forgotten.
Closed Thread