Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2017, 12:02 PM
Planar Protector

Personally I don't find it fun struggling on a game so I'd say enchanter untwinked aint bad. The spells are so powerful they carry the class in the lightest of gears.

The only thing is the ungeared chanter is very fragile, but as you get higher in levels that don't even matter because the chanter even geared will feel fragile especially when you fighting 50+ mobs.

The chanter ungeared is quite useful in a group too, unlike a melee that is in cloth and using rusty weapons.

Basically a poorly geared melee is at the mercy of groups who will accept them.

I been with other players who actually consider a players gears before inviting them. It's wrong, but some players are this way.
Old 10-18-2017, 12:31 PM
Planar Protector

Best Untwinked Imo would be any charm class: enc, necro, bard, maybe Druid. I loved my enchanter but I also had jboots which helps a lot. Personally, I’d go bard. I’m having a blast charm kiting with basically just a drum. It was my first class ever in classic and finally starting to realize their true potential and I’m only lvl 33. And their run speed is addicting. Not much needed except a decent lute and drum.
Old 10-18-2017, 12:33 PM
Aviak

Enchanter is the most fun class to play!

End of discussion [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-18-2017, 12:36 PM
Planar Protector

Necro untwinked is pretty fun. Iksar is great, FoB is a great starting area so the initial levels aren't so bad. Progression is good, you get a lot of levels that you look forward to and your relative power increases.

Enchanter untwinked good too but I don't think you get that sense of progression.
Old 10-18-2017, 12:39 PM
Fire Giant

I would definitely pick an Iksar Monk if you want to play a melee class. Being untwinked you can go a long way on Bind Wound + Mend alone.
Old 10-18-2017, 12:49 PM
Planar Protector

magician. You can level to 60 naked. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 10-18-2017, 01:53 PM
Fire Giant

Necro or bard
Old 10-18-2017, 01:56 PM
Fire Giant

When i first started on the server with nothing as a bard it was amazing.

Finding groups, using your lute to heal the group and cc. Almost never melee'd. Highly recommended
Old 10-18-2017, 03:03 PM
Kobold

Enchanter IMO. charm leveling is about as fun as it gets for regular grinding, atleast for me it is. on top of that even with junk gear you can dive right into dungeons with people and control situations that would be disastrous for any other class. my chanter at 60 still has crap gear but im able to clean up some huge messes. charming in a duo in HS is crazy fun, you just end up with piles of mobs just lined up to shred through with your pet. with just a healer, you feel like you have the power of a full group... because you do. its a bit tense, but if you enjoy the challenge nothing beats it. i am on the verge of leveling a second chanter, but trying to get some other classes to 60 before i do that

necromancer is a close second, but chanters win it just because of the crazy situations you can fight through instead of just hitting FD and resetting.
Old 10-18-2017, 03:45 PM
Planar Protector

Iksar Necromancer.

You have access to the skullcap questline, which can be a fun distraction from leveling. You are just gear-dependent enough to give you goals and interesting choices (focus on hp vs mana? unlike mage/wiz) but not enough that you would feel underpowered without twinking. You can get into places you shouldn't be with invis/FD, skeleton form means you can sell in many more cities than iksar would normally allow.
Closed Thread