Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 05-12-2012, 02:00 AM
Sarnak

Default Two boxing and punishment

I am completely against two boxing and I believe people should be punished. I think a lifetime ban is a little too much though. It would be more fair if they got a month suspension then a life time ban on their second offense. I know the rules will not be changed. Curious to what the community thinks of the current punishment? Only asking because I run into a lot of people that were previously banned, and I feel bad for them.
Old 05-12-2012, 07:00 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwils [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am completely two boxing and I believe people should be more fair if they got a month suspension then a life time ban on their community. Only asking because I run into a lot of people that were previously banned, and I feel bad for them.

Bury yourself.
Old 05-12-2012, 07:14 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodapop [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

sup.
you drink hard cider you bitchfgt.
Old 05-12-2012, 08:42 AM
Banned

It makes his vagina tingle.
Old 05-12-2012, 02:30 PM
Aviak

I'm actually really bummer about this punishment and here's why:

Myself and 3 of my closest friends of the past 15 years started playing Live together in Jr. High. It's one of the things that led us to being to close in following years. Needless to say, when we heard about P1999 a couple weeks ago, we were immediately hooked. We all live in different parts of CA and this has really brought us together.

A week ago or so, one of my friends was visiting the other, and in a misguided attempt to LAN party together, they attempted to log in fro the same network. At the time, it never occurred to them to petition for IP exemption. Now one of my friends is banned for life and our quartet is down to a trio, just for trying to play together.

NONE of us are multi-boxers, we just like to play together as we have with so many other mmo's over the years (DAoC, WoW, Warhammer, Rift, etc...). We've played plenty of others, but we came to P1999 for a reason; they don't make 'um like this anymore.

Looks like its Diablo 3 for us. This was fun for a few weeks. Thanks for the nostalgia.
Old 05-12-2012, 02:55 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smurflogik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A week ago or so, one of my friends was visiting the other, and in a misguided attempt to LAN party together, they attempted to log in fro the same network. At the time, it never occurred to them to petition for IP exemption. Now one of my friends is banned for life and our quartet is down to a trio, just for trying to play together.
Odd story, since they don't even allow you to log into the server from the same IP more than once.

Make up some different lies and try again.

Asher
Old 05-12-2012, 03:13 PM
Banned

You can't ever log in without an exemption. Not even once.
Old 05-12-2012, 03:22 PM
Aviak

It didn't work. they never successfully logged in, just tried. It's not a lie, but it doesn't matter anyway, that's why its in the rants. Whatever
Old 05-12-2012, 03:45 PM
Sarnak

I have heard a lot of stories people getting banned for boxing when they weren't. Obviously most are lying but I believe some of them.
Old 05-12-2012, 03:51 PM
Banned

you aren't going to get banned for attempting to log in and getting stopped by the temp ip ban. You're full of shit.
Closed Thread