Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 05-13-2012, 07:47 PM
Fire Giant

Default Anyone have a link to a quality Avengers stream?

Hook a brotha up
Old 05-13-2012, 08:36 PM
Fire Giant

movie is a terrible letdown
Old 05-13-2012, 08:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visual [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
movie is a terrible letdown
Plz expound
Old 05-13-2012, 08:58 PM
Fire Giant

Expected more from a movie thats grossed 1 billion dollars in a little over a week. A lot of boring dialogue in the beginning, not a whole lot of chemistry between the actors, abysmal plot, etc.
Old 05-13-2012, 09:00 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visual [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Expected more from a movie thats grossed 1 billion dollars in a little over a week. A lot of boring dialogue in the beginning, not a whole lot of chemistry between the actors, abysmal plot, etc.
Love ya brother, but couldn't disagree with you more... pretty much on all points.
Chimeran - 36 DE Enchanter
<The Mystical Order>
Old 05-13-2012, 09:23 PM
Banned

All that boring dialogue and it still made 1 billion dollars, broke the first week revenue box office record, and has a 93% approval on rottentomatoes...just think how much more it would have made w/o that "boring dialogue, lack of chemistry, abysmal plot." lol

But seriously, what ruined the movie for you is that first word, "Expected." Expectations ruin everything, I cant be the first person that has ever pointed that out to you. Its the reason good horror movies dont show you what the imminent source of fear really is, because nothing, NOTHING will ever live up to what someone can build in their imagination, ever, period. Its almost unavoidable to have some sort of expectation when going to the movies, but the key is the let them go, and take what is being presented to you at face value. Otherwise you will get stuck in the fail loop of "That sucked, i imagined it way better."

tl;dr - movies, you're doing them wrong.
Old 05-13-2012, 09:25 PM
Banned

Also to address the OP, how about you use google, instead of p99 RnF. Your efforts will be more fruitful, i promise.

PS streams suck, get torrents.
Old 05-13-2012, 09:33 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.Bison [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
All that boring dialogue and it still made 1 billion dollars, broke the first week revenue box office record, and has a 93% approval on rottentomatoes...just think how much more it would have made w/o that "boring dialogue, lack of chemistry, abysmal plot." lol

But seriously, what ruined the movie for you is that first word, "Expected." Expectations ruin everything, I cant be the first person that has ever pointed that out to you. Its the reason good horror movies dont show you what the imminent source of fear really is, because nothing, NOTHING will ever live up to what someone can build in their imagination, ever, period. Its almost unavoidable to have some sort of expectation when going to the movies, but the key is the let them go, and take what is being presented to you at face value. Otherwise you will get stuck in the fail loop of "That sucked, i imagined it way better."

tl;dr - movies, you're doing them wrong.
Some people have higher standards than others.
Old 05-13-2012, 09:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Some people have higher standards than others.
Some people will be consistently disappointed then.
Old 05-13-2012, 10:14 PM
Banned

if the movie didn't give me a blow job and project auditory orgasms into my ears it was a disappointment.
Closed Thread