Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 03-27-2021, 06:36 AM
Fire Giant

Default Do SKs get a skeleton illusion for faction?

Most notably this spell.

https://wiki.project1999.com/Shroud_of_Undeath

Just wondering if it has the same faction effect that the necro spells get. My human necro of Innoruuk was able to get into some cool places and work on certain factions once he hit 34 and got Call of Bones. I was wondering if I would be able to do the same with an Erudite SK of Cazic. It would take longer of course but knowing that the potential is there would help me push forward.
Old 03-27-2021, 08:06 AM
Fire Giant

Mr Lontano seems to have one :-)
Old 03-27-2021, 05:44 PM
Planar Protector

Yep. Also technically there's illusion items everyone in the game can use to do some big chunks of fractioning when needed, some rarer then others.
Old 03-27-2021, 07:58 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yep. Also technically there's illusion items everyone in the game can use to do some big chunks of fractioning when needed, some rarer then others.
The only two I really know of are the Amulet of Necropotence (insanely rare/expensive) and the Ornate Velium Pendant (don't know how accessible one of those are).

I'm a big fan of the faction system and would love to find out if there are more though. xD
Old 03-27-2021, 08:14 PM
Planar Protector

Golem ball works, right?
Old 03-27-2021, 08:18 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Golem ball works, right?
Seems to work with some factions. I've only tried a couple times and it worked out well with the factions I wanted to hit. But they are one-shot and kinda expensive so not very practical for extensive factioning. They're great if they're the kind of faction you can prepare for (bringing a ton of DF belts with you into Grobb and then popping it as an example) but not for others where you have to zone multiple times.
Old 03-27-2021, 09:57 PM
Planar Protector

https://wiki.project1999.com/Faction_Tricks

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 03-27-2021, 10:30 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yup I didn't see the SK skeleton illusion on there, just wanted to see if it would work. I was considering Erudite SK but I know they are KoS in some areas of Neriak, and wanted to be sure i could actually fix them later. Not all of the factions are easy to do so without some sort of tool like the skelly illusion.

I know the Velium Ornate Pendant is a good one but I've never actually gotten to raid before. How tough is it to actually get one of those?
Old 03-28-2021, 06:18 PM
Planar Protector

A neutral race with an evil diety is quite a flexible path. Sure druids might hate you, especially at the port rings, but most good cities are fine with you and a some evil ones. Specific factions within those towns will have might have issues. Luckily invis pretty much solves that problem (plus conning from afar).

Shroud of Undeath is mostly touted for chubs getting around in tight hallways. I could see it being really nice though for iksars removing most of the faction issues of the race.
Closed Thread