Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 04-09-2021, 07:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Keep the wiki open. Use it all the time.
Best advice in this thread
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Old 04-09-2021, 07:57 PM
Planar Protector

Also dont go and make some caster just to fund your melee. My very first character was a Monk (relatively gear dependent to be good) and I made it all the way to 60 with no problem. Once you hit 46 you can start getting planar armor and you have saved some plat and can buy some good shit and life becomes wonderful. Its 100% not worth it to level another character just to fund the one you really want to play. With that said rangers are incredibly uselsss (suck at tanking, medicore dps, 40% xp hybrid penalty, suck at pulling sans outdoor zones) and you WILL have trouble grouping unless you have a reputation of being a "good" ranger or make good friends along the way who dont really care what you play they just like your company.
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Old 04-09-2021, 09:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardp1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also dont go and make some caster just to fund your melee. My very first character was a Monk (relatively gear dependent to be good) and I made it all the way to 60 with no problem. Once you hit 46 you can start getting planar armor and you have saved some plat and can buy some good shit and life becomes wonderful. Its 100% not worth it to level another character just to fund the one you really want to play. With that said rangers are incredibly uselsss (suck at tanking, medicore dps, 40% xp hybrid penalty, suck at pulling sans outdoor zones) and you WILL have trouble grouping unless you have a reputation of being a "good" ranger or make good friends along the way who dont really care what you play they just like your company.
Can confirm he was a good puller, I never really noticed he had bad gear :P
Old 04-09-2021, 10:42 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumping [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks for the tips everyone. I did not stay with the ranger, in fact I now have a level 12 Paladin. I would see a dwarf in-game and almost every time I wanted to make one right after.

I have a more fun than expected with this game. I managed to make 100 plat or so have found someone to make me the brand armor for my Paladin. Now trying to find a decent weapon, mine not great. Any ideas what where I can get a decent weapon and shield fore level 12 dwarf Paladin?
Crushbone has Orc Trainer camp on the Hill that drops Shiny Brass Shield you could probably nab in a group around your level.

Weapon wise, you're best bet is saving up a bit more and getting a ghoulbane, but Polished Granite Tomahawk was always a cheap and fun weapon for lowbie tanks and it should be had for 50plat or less on green according to the Wiki.
Old 04-10-2021, 12:46 AM
Kobold

Try Red, join <Salt> and have an awsome time playing EQ
Old 04-10-2021, 08:26 PM
Fire Giant

Get crushbone belts and bone chips, sell them for a dragoon dirk. Join groups and get some chainmail in unrest.

If you are a new you "could" save for a better weapon but you may want that instant gratification to allow you to enjoy the game.
Old 04-11-2021, 01:57 PM
Large Rat

Thanks again!
Closed Thread