Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2021, 03:03 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That doesn’t make sense though. Because when people quad they are immediately taking down the mobs with AoE nukes after snaring them. They aren’t rooting or snaring them and then just holding them indefinitely until other people get there to help kill. It’s not analogous at all.

For instance, if a bard or quadder is kiting more mobs than they can hit at once in order to try and monopolize everything, you’re allowed to pull mobs out of their kite as long as you don’t take the pack below the number that the kiter can hit (IIRC)
I was specifically talking about the time spent gathering the quad/kite. In some instances, even a quad takes some running around to find the right mobs before you actually start going for the kills.
Old 04-14-2021, 03:39 AM
Decaying Skeleton

It's great racing the fastest class in the game for my rogue epic.

Makes all the hours I spent getting my notes, camping in rathe worth it to know I won't get it until, well ever.

Can't wait to see the MQ offers in EC. Good job Devs. Shoulda left it alone. Let us get our own things instead of weighing in and giving some people a clear advantage over the actual class that needs the item.
Old 04-14-2021, 11:55 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabin76 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was specifically talking about the time spent gathering the quad/kite. In some instances, even a quad takes some running around to find the right mobs before you actually start going for the kills.
I mean for most kiting locations it doesn’t take an extended period of time. And in any case again you’re gathering mobs to kill them very quickly afterward. You’re not tagging a mob that you can’t solo to try to hold FTE for a long time until other people show up to help
Old 04-14-2021, 11:56 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdub [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Makes all the hours I spent getting my notes, camping in rathe worth it to know I won't get it until, well ever.

Can't wait to see the MQ offers in EC. Good job Devs. Shoulda left it alone. Let us get our own things instead of weighing in and giving some people a clear advantage over the actual class that needs the item.
Are you actually complaining about what is arguably the easiest or second easiest epic in the game?
Old 04-14-2021, 12:00 PM
Fire Giant

Racing.. In a game called Everquest... Cool..
Old 04-14-2021, 12:24 PM
Server GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdub [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

It won't be as contested in a month or two.
Old 04-14-2021, 12:29 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I mean for most kiting locations it doesn’t take an extended period of time. And in any case again you’re gathering mobs to kill them very quickly afterward. You’re not tagging a mob that you can’t solo to try to hold FTE for a long time until other people show up to help

What do you think would be a reasonable amount of time to hold Verina for? A few folks have mentioned holding her for a "long" time, and I'd like to see what that means to everyone.

Requiring your force to be readily available within 18 seconds on such a lengthy window is pretty much why they set up the system that they did at Ragefire, yeah? Obviously the Cleric epic is far more important in the grand scheme of things, so perhaps that's why it was done that way, but I think Verina could benefit from a similar arrangement, or at least some further clarity on what an acceptable engage looks like.
Old 04-14-2021, 12:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaiaku [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What do you think would be a reasonable amount of time to hold Verina for? A few folks have mentioned holding her for a "long" time, and I'd like to see what that means to everyone.
An hour.

I could totally make a nice sandwich and chat with my friends and watch the kiting tomfoolery for that long. After an hour I'm going to be getting pretty antsy tho, so I think that would be a fair hard stop for everyone involved.
Old 04-14-2021, 05:36 PM
Aviak

Quote:

A rogue can make arrangements to get what they need. Hire a few friends, pay for a stone using their illusion.
Old 04-17-2021, 12:27 AM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imposter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
this Ragefire situation is pretty embarrassing. The staff should be ashamed to roll out epics and skip spawning the Zordak for the first week, negating 3 potential cleric epics week 1. Right now there is a mandated 16 hour window on Zordak triggered 24 hours after nagafen is killed for the 20 or so clerics that lasted the whole time without taking a break to have a chance to win a /random 1000 that can only be rolled within 20 seconds of the mob spawning. What is the point of the 16 hour window? It would make sense if there was a race involved for the turn in. There is not. This mob should not have a huge variance. Please reduce variance to Noble Djorn like +/- 5 minutes or none. This would be in the best interest for everyone involved.
You're right. You should ask for a subscription refund right now.
Closed Thread