Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 04-20-2021, 04:12 PM
Large Rat

Default Login server / Zoning issues

Hey all,

I have been having issues since servers went down yesterday. Anytime I try to log into the game, 95% of the time I cant get in. It will either kick me back to the login screen and tell me I cant log back in because I'm already online. Or something about the patch server and re patching(which i've done). or it will just freeze and i will have to stop the task and start again.

When I do get into the game, anytime I zone, I get dc'd and the above problems persist.

I have spent the last 5 hours trying to use the fixes i've seen on these forums or the wiki, because it seems this has been an issue in the past.

I have reinstalled completely, tried to change the launchtitanium.bat stuff suggested in the wiki, I am not sure how to tell if there is a disruption with the connection while it is loading so I cant confirm that isn't the problem, but I am hard wired to my network and have had zero issues with anything else using the internet.

I am not sure what to do at this point [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Thanks in advance for your time!
Old 04-20-2021, 05:26 PM
Large Rat

I've been having the same issues - Started yesterday and has been persisting all day today.

Just to give it a shot I tried to re-enable the loading screens via eq.ini and was taken to a a blank screen "The Server Is Not Responding"

Denver, CO. Everything else with internet seems to be working fine. Any direction here?
Old 04-21-2021, 06:52 PM
Large Bat

Im also having the same issue. My gut tells me it is some sort of networking issue related to invalid DNS cache or record settings from the outage on 4-13 when login ip changed or 4-19 maintenance.

the good news is it will probably resolve on its own in a couple days (hopefully), the bad news is there are limited options to fix this on our end , check your firewall settings to see if anything changed , restart local network, running ipconfig /dnsflush in cmd prompt to clear your dns cache, and maybe if possible try mobile hotspot connection (I am not a network person but maybe it will take a different route other than thru your ISP and maybe that route wont be messed up)?
Old 04-21-2021, 08:26 PM
Sarnak

This may be worth a shot:

Windows® 10 and Windows® 8

While on the desktop, press Windows Key (or Windows Key+S if search bar is not enabled) and type CMD.

Right-click Command Prompt and select Run as administrator.

Type ipconfig /release in the command prompt and press the Enter/Return key on your keyboard.

Wait a few seconds for a reply that the IP address has been released.

Type ipconfig /renewin the command prompt and press the Enter/Return key on your keyboard.

Wait a few seconds for a reply that the IP address has been re-established.

Type ipconfig /flushdns in the command prompt and press the Enter/Return key on your keyboard.

Close the command prompt and attempt to make a connection.
Last edited by Kaezyr D`Shiv; 04-21-2021 at 08:29 PM..
Old 04-22-2021, 09:57 AM
Kobold

Yeah, ive been having the same issue for a bit now. Tried KAezyr's method here, we'll see if that helps

UPDATE:
Login Attempts since KAezyr's MEthod 1 for 1. Prior 1 for 16.
Old 04-22-2021, 10:57 AM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaezyr D`Shiv [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

While on the desktop, press Windows Key (or Windows Key+S if search bar is not enabled) and type CMD.

Type ipconfig /release in the command prompt and press the Enter/Return key on your keyboard.

Type ipconfig /renewin the command prompt and press the Enter/Return key on your keyboard.

Type ipconfig /flushdns in the command prompt and press the Enter/Return key on your keyboard.

This worked!!!
Old 04-26-2021, 09:35 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaezyr D`Shiv [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

All this did for me was disable my connection to the internet. Had to troubleshoot to get it back working.
Old 04-26-2021, 11:56 PM
Sarnak

A note, the command should be ipconfig /renew

There was no space included above mistakenly:

Quote:
Type ipconfig /renew in the command prompt and press the Enter/Return key on your keyboard.
If you typed the exact thing that I included above the first time then it never renewed an IP address to you and could explain your issue. ( /renewin is not a correct switch) Running the troubleshooter would have automatically done this.

Hope that helps
Last edited by Kaezyr D`Shiv; 04-26-2021 at 11:59 PM..