Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2016, 08:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzzarTheGod [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Its both intelligent enough, and dumb enough, to hold its audience. That's what premium cable brings to the table. Its got the blood and boobs aesthetic for the ADHD's and its got the multilayers and intelligent writing for the rest of us.

I think it should find an audience. But it could have used a little more pizazz in the pilot episode.

I like the female lead at the management, the Dutch actress there.
nice thing about HBO is if it doesnt grab an audience, they dont give any shits and will keep it running for 6 years regardless.. What I love about them.
Old 10-09-2016, 08:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarlorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
make it easy for me to watch this (less than 2 clicks) and i'll make u a nice comment
All TV/cable shows pretty much suck! Ok you can post something nice now.
Old 10-09-2016, 10:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daywolf [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
All TV/cable shows pretty much suck! Ok you can post something nice now.
Losing

PKer & Master Trainer and Terrorist of Sullon Zek
Kills: 1278, Deaths: 76, Killratio: 16.82
Old 10-09-2016, 10:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarlorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
make it easy for me to watch this (less than 2 clicks) and i'll make u a nice comment
Old 10-09-2016, 11:49 PM
Planar Protector

Waiting until episode 3 comes out to watch. Do all 3 in a row then I'll have the plot, characters, and the three most likely conclusions for the season. From there, if it's entertaining enough, then I'll finish it.

Daywolf lost hard with that. No hbo money I'm guessing.
Old 10-10-2016, 12:23 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahldagor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Waiting until episode 3 comes out to watch. Do all 3 in a row then I'll have the plot, characters, and the three most likely conclusions for the season. From there, if it's entertaining enough, then I'll finish it.

Daywolf lost hard with that. No hbo money I'm guessing.

^ Woke method.

Its a really woke show too. Hard to take your eyes off Anthony Hopkins when he's on screen.

I think you will like it, but it all depends on your tastes. If you're a fan of woke I think you'll be a fan of this.

Old 10-10-2016, 01:45 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzzarTheGod [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
^ Woke method.

Its a really woke show too. Hard to take your eyes off Anthony Hopkins when he's on screen.

I think you will like it, but it all depends on your tastes. If you're a fan of woke I think you'll be a fan of this.
Hopkins is a draw for me. The cast all around looks solid.
Old 10-10-2016, 03:13 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahldagor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hopkins is a draw for me. The cast all around looks solid.
In for a treat as far as his character goes, as they have given him a role that is essentially written for him.

There are a lot of characters, and the cast is obviously star-studded as you referenced, so unfortunately this isn't quite Hopkins-centric, but its been nothing but Keanu reeves >Woah.jpeg< when he's onscreen.

Ed Harris has also been delivering a fair amount of woke (really there's no better word I can think of to describe the social commentary being doled out here by both of these guys). Great casting for Ed Harris he was born to play the role.

Again I'll restate, sometimes you have to rewatch to get the full effect, and also to fully absorb the plot details and the technical details that are being doled out. The exposition is extremely quick and if you tune out a sentence or word, you tend to miss plot development details.

But its still able to be comfortably watched as an idiot.

One thing that sticks out, there are many many blanks in character development that aren't necessarily critical, but would be nice to know for development reasons. Its a True Detective Season 2-esque vibe where the character development had to be filled in by websites that have obviously been handed promo package by HBO to assist the viewers so they could fully appreciate the storyline and what you are seeing in the pilot episode.

That is where it may fail to grab a less than core audience, casual viewers aren't going to hit the websites to get character details. And despite all the action and the blood and boobs angle, as mickmoranis inferred earlier with his depressive sci-fi comment, this is an absolutely character-driven series.

Old 10-11-2016, 08:57 AM
Fire Giant

Good call on this one ATG, show is lookin real swole so far
Old 10-11-2016, 09:04 AM
Planar Protector

First episode was mediocre. They need to step it up if they are spending GoT money. Elsewise id rather them just put it towards the last 2 seasons and make them truly epic.