Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 07-06-2018, 05:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haghar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Even without Torpor, shamans still have slow, malo, canni, stat buffs, and a reliable pet. Druids cannot claim any of those. Comparing the two is silly.
DS does not work at it's fullest effect when a mob is slowed. DS a pet is easy free damage.
druids can charm stronger animal pets than shm pets.
druid has hp/AC/STR buffs

I use to hate on druids but I learned a bit.
For questing & leveling the ports on the spot are so nice. Especially if the person is still learning the map/zones.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Last edited by Baler; 07-06-2018 at 05:54 PM..
Old 07-06-2018, 05:54 PM
Banned

Paladin/Druid or Bard/Druid for survivability, rez, and ports!, easier pulls! Plenty of CC. and durability. It depends on how you like to play.

I always find wizards and enchanters and necros to be way to frail.
Old 07-06-2018, 06:24 PM
Sarnak

Nobody is hating on druids, they are a great class but for a trio that consists of 2 melees shaman will be better. If it was more of a caster heavy trio than druids heals would be enough to sustain.
If we are talking Mid/maxing i would say Cleric/Enchanter/Monk is the best trio IMO .
Old 07-06-2018, 06:47 PM
Aviak

Just to update the thread but we settled on Iksar Necro/Shaman/Monk for now, at least until we switch race/class again LOL
Old 07-06-2018, 07:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tentarro [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just to update the thread but we settled on Iksar Necro/Shaman/Monk for now, at least until we switch race/class again LOL
I think you will be well pleased with that combo. Also you will be starting out in Kunark which means you'll have quick access to the best leveling and exp zones. stay at Kurns tower till level 18, then head to LoIO.
Old 07-06-2018, 09:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by treise [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So I joined Project 1999 on the The Sleeper: Scars of Velious server. Since I have been playing I have only seen 1 other player. I see people posting on here all the time talking about their new characters etc. But I never see anyone. Are you all playing on the Day Break servers or the EQEmu server? Why am I never seeing anyone on /who all on The Sleeper?
Yeah, that's not a p99 server.
Old 07-07-2018, 11:57 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tentarro [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Super great trio. Few tips:

- Shaman should heal with only Inner Fire up until around level 20 because it gets up to 20hp/10mana, which is the most efficient heal you get taking into account med ticks until Healing at level 19, I believe. Don't use minor healing ever, and only use light healing if someone is about to die.

- Necro is going to feel suuuuper slow until level 12 but you get some great spells then. Make sure you pick up the undead lull spell for leveling in Kurns, as well as the heal, as it will help out the Shaman a lot.

- Monk can buy a survival staff off one of the vendors right outside Cab in Field of Bone for fairly cheap and it is notably better than fists.
Old 07-07-2018, 12:42 PM
Fire Giant

Me and my friend did duo all the way from 1 to 53 on Nagoya (druid) and Osaka (necro) and it was an amazing duo man, don't underestimate the druid's input [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

DPS
- two dots, not bad, sometimes better than necro's #3+ dot depending on spell cycle
- third best nukes, sometimes second before mage depending on the level, nice burst dps when needed
- DS, Skin, STR, Regen... you can help buff the pet for better tanking/dps
- regen and heal makes necro's dps more mana efficient (less use of leech/lifetap)
- snare makes the necro's dps more mana efficient (less use of darkness)
- charm animal together with pet's necro and fear kiting

Other notable input:
- harmony is awesome
- sow and teleports is cool for a duo
- track
Old 07-07-2018, 04:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haghar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Super great trio. Few tips:

- Shaman should heal with only Inner Fire up until around level 20 because it gets up to 20hp/10mana, which is the most efficient heal you get taking into account med ticks until Healing at level 19, I believe. Don't use minor healing ever, and only use light healing if someone is about to die.

- Necro is going to feel suuuuper slow until level 12 but you get some great spells then. Make sure you pick up the undead lull spell for leveling in Kurns, as well as the heal, as it will help out the Shaman a lot.

- Monk can buy a survival staff off one of the vendors right outside Cab in Field of Bone for fairly cheap and it is notably better than fists.
Yeah! Stick with it if you can. That's a really versatile combo. Especially if your cool with planning where you want to level. You'll all be super powerful and won't feel left out towards the end levels as well. Everyone will end up with a great powerhouse of a character.
Old 07-09-2018, 08:24 AM
Banned

Quote:
Awesome!

That trio is insanely strong and fun.
Closed Thread