Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 10-24-2019, 01:47 PM
Server GM

Default Project 1999: Green information and reminders, please review

With the opening of Project 1999: Green, I would like to go over a few things since we are going to have a large influx of new players. First, please review our Play-Nice-Policy which is located here. The PNP/rules will carry over from Blue to Green with some minor changes. After much discussion, the CSR staff has decided to enforce a few things which we have become lenient on, as well as reduce the length for certain PNP suspensions. The violations will be adjusted as needed after the first few months of the (green) server. Please review the following;

Boxing

As Senior Guide Menden has recently pointed out here, we will be enforcing the no-boxing policy hard on Green. The first time you are caught, it will be an automatic lifetime ban of the associated accounts (previously, it was a 30 day suspension).

Reimbursements

Item reimbursements will be handled the same way they are done on Blue and Red (via petition forum), with some minor adjustments. There are still no reimbursements for MQs (Multi-Quests). There are going to be no item reimbursements for dropped items for at least the first few months of Green. These type of reimbursements are extremely time consuming and I'm sure the staff will have their hands full. Be careful drop trading your items, as this will be done at your own risk. Each reimbursement petition will be handled on a case-by-case basis, and will be a judgment call by staff. We have a limited crew, and I don't want them spending a ton of time on items that can be easily replaced by the player. Just a reminder, we never reimburse currency.

Guilds

Running #guild commands with large amounts of players online at once has the potential to cause the server to lag, and some zones could desync. We will evaluate this and allow guild creations as we are able, but it may not happen on Day 1. Additionally, if you are requesting a guild creation with a name that already exists on Blue, that will need to be done by the current Leader of that guild. If you would like to request a Guild creation, please refer to our petition section located on the forums. Remember, a Guild creation requires a minimum of 5 players, so make sure to include their names in your petition.

Play-Nice-Policy Violations

With the release of Green, we have decided to adjust our suspension policy, especially considering we will have a lot of new players not familiar with our current system. If you are caught in a violation, you will be issued a warning to start. After that, it will be a 24 hour suspension, which then doubles with each additional infraction (2 days, 4 days, etc). The duration may be handled differently though, depending on the severity of each infraction. Please play nicely.

The Naming Policy

With a new server comes the opportunity to enforce our naming policy to the best of our ability. If you are informed by a Guide that your name is in violation, please do your best to comply with their wishes. While we have let some names go in the past, we are going to do our best to adhere to the policy on Green. I'm looking at you, Taylorswift.
Last edited by Llandris; 10-24-2019 at 10:00 PM..
Old 10-24-2019, 02:13 PM
Sarnak

We're all looking at Taylor Swift.
Old 10-24-2019, 02:20 PM
Planar Protector

Link to naming policy?
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 10-24-2019, 02:24 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Link to naming policy?
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=17488
Old 10-24-2019, 02:25 PM
Server GM

Its also located at the bottom of our PNP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Contraceptive View Post
If you can prove God is real to me I might believe you aren't just a virgin that has been given fake internet powers that you over-wield on an imaginary game. Also, don't forget to take contraceptive, the world doesn't need any more yous. Ah who the hell am I kidding you're not reproducing you're too busy blanket banning people on a 20 year old elf simulator.
Old 10-24-2019, 03:08 PM
Planar Protector

Can I ask ahead of time? I was going to make a Bertoxx necromancer, named Poisonbolt.

I thought the name was cool like, having the nick-name Lightningbolt... But like, in character for Norrath.

But, someone told me the other day that violates the name policy, I would be soooo bummed if I designed my main on green around a name/lore and in 20 levels it got changed.

Does this name violate the naming policy? if it does, then I will be making an Innoruk necromancer from Freeport. That I like the name as well, but not as much as my Bertoxx necro story.

Help! I should ask. May as well.
Old 10-24-2019, 03:12 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can I ask ahead of time? I was going to make a Bertoxx necromancer, named Poisonbolt.

I thought the name was cool like, having the nick-name Lightningbolt... But like, in character for Norrath.

But, someone told me the other day that violates the name policy, I would be soooo bummed if I designed my main on green around a name/lore and in 20 levels it got changed.

Does this name violate the naming policy? if it does, then I will be making an Innoruk necromancer from Freeport. That I like the name as well, but not as much as my Bertoxx necro story.

Help! I should ask. May as well.
Quote:
Descriptive compound words are allowed in first names and are encouraged in surnames (e.g. Treehugger, Giantslayer).
You should be good my man.
Old 10-24-2019, 03:12 PM
Sarnak

only thing I would worry about is poisonbolt is the name of a spell correct?
Old 10-24-2019, 03:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by magusfire24 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
only thing I would worry about is poisonbolt is the name of a spell correct?
Yeah that is it exactly, I thought it was a good in character "lightningbolt" type name, but then read that it actually is a violation.
Old 10-24-2019, 03:20 PM
Planar Protector

No offense Jibartik, but you're a creative guy: I really think you can shoot higher than poisonbolt [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 10-24-2019 at 03:23 PM..