Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-03-2020, 03:09 PM
Kobold

Potatus, my warrior is in this exact same situation. Can I get some advice from you? How have you found things? What do you think is best? Thanks
Old 05-03-2020, 07:32 PM
Banned

man most of the people posting are just too dumb to reply so ill sum it up

throw away the 38 delay sword its worth shit

main hand the obsidian shatter sword and get something for your offhand

use the enameled black breastplate
Old 05-03-2020, 08:29 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ghoul roots still a disease check?
This is a myth perpetuated by the wiki.
P99: [52 Champion] Alysane (Barbarian) <Auld Lang Syne>
SZ : [65 Lord Protector] Cochise (Erudite) <Sanctus Lumen>
Old 05-04-2020, 12:03 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guesty07 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Potatus, my warrior is in this exact same situation. Can I get some advice from you? How have you found things? What do you think is best? Thanks
When I'm grouping with characters lower level than I am, or when my weapons are better than the other melees in the group, I put on my Electrum Bladed Wakizashi 7/21 and Polished Steel Dirk 8/23 and hold aggro pretty consistently. I know about those two because I saw Mubbens using them.

When I am grouping with melee classes that are higher level than me, or with melees that have much better weapons, they easily hold aggro over me, even when I use my best-ratio weapons (7/21 and 8/23). However, when I use proc weapons, I can hold aggro, even over melees that hit a lot harder than I do. If they don't proc, I don't get aggro (so we're in the same position as above); if they proc once or especially 2+ times, aggro is just locked the rest of the fight. "Often" is better than "never."

Obsidian Shard + Kicsh Der Pavz has been great. I've tried each one in mainhand and I can't feel the difference. Someone posted that the swing aggro is greater with Shard mainhand and KPD offhand at level 50; problem is, I think the KPD proc is much bigger aggro, which means I want it in mainhand (because, as we know, weapons in mainhand proc twice as often as same weapon in offhand).

I actually feel like if I were to rank the weapons in terms of aggro, just based on how it feels:
1. Kicsh Der Pavz, esp if I have dex buffs - the proc locks aggro super hard
2. Polished Steel Dirk
3. Electrum Bladed Wakizashi (I mainhand it because it has a lower delay)
4. Shard (absolute garbage for swing aggro; proc is only moderately helpful)

At some point, I'll get ahold of a Short Sword of the Ykesha. I'll definitely mainhand that as it will be nearly best ratio (8/24) and best aggro proc. I'll offhand my PSD unless I'm having trouble procing quickly, in which case I'll offhand the Kicsh just for the added aggro proc chance.
Last edited by Videri; 05-04-2020 at 12:20 AM..
Old 05-04-2020, 12:06 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsham [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
man most of the people posting are just too dumb to reply so ill sum it up

throw away the 38 delay sword its worth shit

main hand the obsidian shatter sword and get something for your offhand

use the enameled black breastplate
Thanks for the brevity.

Is the Enameled Black Chestplate's 3 ac is really better than 40-50 HP I'd get from a Crafted BP? I'm leaning toward the Crafted.
Old 05-04-2020, 12:21 AM
Planar Protector

Get the crafted, it really helps your brand image as a warrior; you don’t want to be mistaken for a bard, do you?

The extra hp will be useful come kunark when you’ll start to be the recipient of far more cheals.
Old 05-04-2020, 03:24 AM
Kobold

Thanks a whole bunch for the reply Potatus
Old 05-04-2020, 03:38 AM
Kobold

Unless you are skilling up taunt, DO NOT ever hit taunt unless you want / need aggro….constantly spamming it while you have aggro does absolutely nothing except ensure that taunt is down when you actually need it. You can always tell good warriors from the bad on mobs that say when they've been taunted....if you see the tanks name come up 6 times on the same mob without him losing aggro, he's doing it WAY wrong.
Old 05-04-2020, 05:41 AM
Planar Protector

Results based argument suggests if the warrior isn’t losing agro he is doing something right [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.].

But seriously, the mob doesn’t always switch target to the highest player on their list, which means often you can’t tell if you’ve really lost aggro (e.g mob is rooted or highest aggro player is out of melee range). In these instances, when you suspect they’ve done something to exceed your aggro, it is expedient to taunt to piggyback off their lead and also to keep up with them incase they do something else to draw aggro (e.g cheal or slow lands hit taunt before they sit).

The other argument is to get in sync with your rogues backstab timer so you have the rhythm to try taunt off their aggro before they hit their evade key (not yet in green).

So as you see there are instances where you may want to taunt despite never appearing to substantially lose aggro.
Old 05-12-2020, 12:22 PM
Planar Protector

Default Potatus's Warrior Quest Continues

7. Which should I buy first: a haste belt or a second Short Sword of the Ykesha? I have one Yak and no haste and am offhanding a Polished Steel Dirk. I can't buy either a second Yak or FBSS yet, but I'm saving up. I'm in "save up money and spend it all on my next warrior item" mode. I just want to put them in the wisest order. Tips?
Last edited by Videri; 05-12-2020 at 12:50 PM..
Closed Thread