Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2020, 01:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsham [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i was there when you got your venril staff

after that day you werent seen again
Nope, weeks after getting my epic I took a break because the server simply wasn't worth my time. Contrary to your clueless claim, I was constantly doing PvP, but at a certain point the only relatively frequent action happening was on Seafury island. I had already done a massive amount of PvP there, and the 4 level range at 60 meant I couldn't even fight a bunch of people anymore, so it was stale. Raids were uncontested and people in the guild didn't even try to PvP.

If I cared about PvE so much, then I would have kept playing, going to raids to get better gear and working on alts more. But I didn't care. I came back for Velious hoping the server would be in a better state, and just to experience some of the content again, but it wasn't. I played for a month and got more PvP kills in that one month than anyone else had for the entire duration of the ladder, and then stopped playing again because there was nothing but mindless PvE happening.
Old 08-14-2020, 04:27 PM
Banned

And shit, another recent example for those that still play here - Kamilla. This dude is such a sweetheart man. He helped tons and tons of people and i'm the one that got him situated on here. He recently sent me an email asking how i've been and stuff. Then he told me that due to the constant harassment/grief (not just pvp - he could handle regular pvp) him and about 5 other of his real life friends/family ended up quitting recently to go play on another EQ server - I forget the name.

Perfect example of extremism that ends up hurting. No reason for that crap - and as a community we could more than easily handle it. Without asking for staff involvement.
Old 08-14-2020, 07:20 PM
Planar Protector

here to say what’s up lou, I miss ya pal hope all is well.

Also grief is toxic and if it continues for years on end this server is a testament to what it brings in the long run. Oddly. it’s why I continued to play but it eventually got stale and I moved on to a new game. Interestingly when I employed a similar approach on this new game I was called a psycho and a sick fuck. The same thing happened there, people quit.

Grief is not sustainable on 20 year old games
Old 08-14-2020, 08:44 PM
Banned

Gets epic then takes short break

Never returns

see you in thurgadin !
Old 08-14-2020, 10:55 PM
Banned

Hey Fame my brother! Long time dude. I use to ask Swathe how you were doing whenever i'd randomly pop in and see him. He said you were doing good last I heard. Think he is still playing.

Heard about the ol' lady and stuff too my man. Sorry to hear but you'll find someone else. Kick some ass Alaska bro.

Love ya,
Lou
Old 08-17-2020, 06:53 AM
Planar Protector

I have a lot of thoughts about some of the posts in this thread but yet no desire to post them. Maybe the curse is broken.
Old 08-17-2020, 08:39 AM
Kobold

I remember this hahaha
Old 08-17-2020, 10:02 AM
Planar Protector

any1 want to shed some light on this nirgon 23k coin?

i really dont remember that 1
Old 08-17-2020, 10:42 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
any1 want to shed some light on this nirgon 23k coin?

i really dont remember that 1
Didn’t happen
Old 08-18-2020, 02:49 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuranthium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nope, weeks after getting my epic I took a break because the server simply wasn't worth my time. Contrary to your clueless claim, I was constantly doing PvP, but at a certain point the only relatively frequent action happening was on Seafury island. I had already done a massive amount of PvP there, and the 4 level range at 60 meant I couldn't even fight a bunch of people anymore, so it was stale. Raids were uncontested and people in the guild didn't even try to PvP.

If I cared about PvE so much, then I would have kept playing, going to raids to get better gear and working on alts more. But I didn't care. I came back for Velious hoping the server would be in a better state, and just to experience some of the content again, but it wasn't. I played for a month and got more PvP kills in that one month than anyone else had for the entire duration of the ladder, and then stopped playing again because there was nothing but mindless PvE happening.
but are you allowed in KC?