Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 02-17-2021, 05:42 PM
Large Rat

Default Bitdefender VPN

I try looking for a question to this answer but can't find any answer to it but what is the policy on VPN? for Internet Security reason. I figure I would ask cause I never once multi box while playing Project 1999 and I refuse to cause I like the rule that are in place about it but I know VPN does hide IP address or change it or something more technical then what I am saying at the moment, so I figure it's always good to ask before playing with it on. If I have this in the wrong forum area and if it already been address please put this forum where it needs to go.
Old 02-17-2021, 08:24 PM
Planar Protector

Although I don't anymore, I did use a VPN without issue here for years (it actually used to help with some network issues). AFAIK the rules about VPNs are: there are no rules ... but also, all the regular rules still apply.

For instance, there are ways one could use a VPN to violate the two-boxing rule, but doing so would be a real stupid move. You might even get both your toons up to a decent level before you get caught ... but with a VPN or without, you will get caught, and when you do you'll lose both characters forever.

As long as you don't break any other rules though, VPNs are kosher.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 02-18-2021, 02:33 AM
Large Rat

Thanks for the info loramin. Ya I been playing on project 1999 for some years on and off, so I don't want to do anything to violate their rules. I play on Project 1999 cause of the community on the server and besides having someone to communicate with does make the game more fun then just playing by yourself. I figure this post is a good question to ask, and beside I couldn't find any previous post but then again it doesn't mean there could be one. I say it's good to ask dumb question then not asking it. I figure if GMs have any issues with VPN then it would have been in their rules section correct? beside it's all about communication in the end.