Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-18-2021, 05:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Most people agree that the four god classes of the classic era are Enchanter, Shaman, Monk, and sometimes Bard.

Essentially, they can do a lot of things, are useful solo and in groups, and each can do some ludicrous feats well that no other class can do.

Shaman are the greatest big game hunters. There are targets that only they can solo. Period.

Enchanters can solo the greatest number of actual camps with ease, but sometimes with clenched butt cheeks. Enchanters know what I mean when I speak of their buttocks.

Monks are massively overturned in itemization, and skill caps for all the tricks they already get. It's just that simple.

Bards are hard coded in ways that allow them to break a lot of the rules of the game, almost like cheat codes, and 99% of the time they do it for free. They can solo more enemies at the same time in perpituity without rest then any other class and charm dance mobs below 37 better then anyone.
I don’t really consider shaman a god class since they only really get to that level with crazy good gear and torpor both of which are extremely difficult.
Old 02-18-2021, 05:33 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Most people agree that the four god classes of the classic era are Enchanter, Shaman, Monk, and sometimes Bard.

Essentially, they can do a lot of things, are useful solo and in groups, and each can do some ludicrous feats well that no other class can do.

Shaman are the greatest big game hunters. There are targets that only they can solo. Period.

Enchanters can solo the greatest number of actual camps with ease, but sometimes with clenched butt cheeks. Enchanters know what I mean when I speak of their buttocks.

Monks are massively overturned in itemization, and skill caps for all the tricks they already get. It's just that simple.

Bards are hard coded in ways that allow them to break a lot of the rules of the game, almost like cheat codes, and 99% of the time they do it for free. They can solo more enemies at the same time in perpituity without rest then any other class and charm dance mobs below 37 better then anyone.
Necromancers feeling pretty left out rite now.
Old 02-18-2021, 08:17 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

I played my Enchanter on live starting in early 2000. I never felt like I was a God character, but I did always have something to do. I made it fun, luckily in my guild I had a cleric that played along. Playing with agro was always fun and in Kael raids I would usually try to see how many times I could get summoned, I think one giant summoned me 4 times, can’t remember it was a long time ago. Fun is what you make it. Most of my EQ career was with my roomie who was a necro. I still haven’t decided for sure what to play, just putting on that comfortable pair of pants to get reintroduced.
Old 02-19-2021, 10:03 AM
Sarnak

I only feel god-like when my necro is 40+ and I go in Befallen....
Old 02-19-2021, 11:32 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Local [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Necromancers feeling pretty left out rite now.
Necromancers are a fantastic class, and so are all of them to be honest. I am pro wizard pro ranger and anything people downplay. I can tell you great things about every class and the horrors of every class. I've been perfecting a class guide called the what you'll love what you'll hate guide for ages. I want to make it into a video though rather then a written guide. It's based on a great guide someone made for AO class selection.. maybe mine will be done before green 2 lol
Old 02-19-2021, 11:49 AM
Fire Giant

Its not classic raiding here. Yellow text is custom content and competition is an excuse to deny rotations or even a sane raiding system.
Old 02-19-2021, 12:53 PM
Planar Protector

Well you aren't even wrong, but neither is the argument that classic cannot truly exist while we retain memories of how to do the content in classic. The team can't wipe that [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-19-2021, 01:04 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don’t really consider shaman a god class since they only really get to that level with crazy good gear and torpor both of which are extremely difficult.
Same.

Well played clerics are god caliber also.

Anyway, play your chanter and have fun, do some planar raids and get ready for Velious. It is a bit of a bottleneck now because 1 or 2 guilds can dominate the top end content (since there's not a ton of it). But I agree that Velious opens up a whole lot more, and everyone can get something if: 1) they show up, and 2) have good tactics.
Old 02-19-2021, 05:48 PM
Banned

On Blue it looks like they are trying to come up with some sort of a more fair system for the enchanter epic bottleneck, at least according to their forums. It probably won't happen but the fact it was even proposed is a decent sign of things moving in a good direction. Maybe in 2 years something like that could happen on Green (or whenever the reset is proposed and all the sweaties move to that)
Last edited by unsunghero; 02-19-2021 at 05:52 PM..
Old 02-20-2021, 12:59 AM
Banned

This makes me want to give some gratitude to some folks still playing.

If any of you were in Taken in 2013 or 2014, thank you for mobilizing so quick for my Enchanter epic. Although Seducio on Blue is long retired, getting that Enchanter epic was one of my most valuable and cherished gaming memories because it took months and was effing hard.

I wish all Enchanters on Blue and Green good luck on their epics. It feels incredibly good to accomplish this one.

PS. Eratani... Thank you. You probably don't remember but you did Bat Phone to Taken for me because we did not have enough folks online when I got Verina. Within minutes we were able to get that last piece.

If Kingdom hasn't considered making Eratani their leader yet, then they are not going to be prepared for what comes next.

Cheers ya'll
Closed Thread