Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2021, 12:40 PM
Fire Giant

i trust what i see while xping in seb/hole/kc - the first proc on the mob, whether mob will stick on me to where ever i go

Sword of Shissar
Krei Flame
If first proc from any of above, mob will face me if I am close, but not follow me when i move.

If first proc is from below, mob stays with me where ever i go.
Feverblade
Red Blade
Trident

if someone can share experience for the other weapons that'd be great
Old 04-04-2021, 12:59 PM
Planar Protector

Kreizenn's Flame is a DPS weapon. Why are people in this thread recommending it for tanking? Sure, it's going to work moderately well for an EXP group if you're grouped with people without significant gear.

But it's not going to be good enough to hold aggro in HoT we're you're up against DPS monks using Gharns/FoN that refuse to evade because they somehow feel some sort of pride over stealing aggro.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Old 04-07-2021, 07:51 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardnyl [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So WESS and infestation only give 400 regardless of the number of disease/poison counters they inflict?

For WESS, are the blind and atk debuff components handled separately (400 for the blind and 400 for the attack debuff) or is it all rolled together with the counters (400 total)?
Correct 400 is the cap for all non damage portions of the proc, and damage portion generates separate aggro. Red blade is 500 hate + 100 dmg = 600 hate, SoD is 400 hate for stun + 288 dmg = 688 hate, etc. Arvan's response was the initial thought when the patch notes were released on proc normalization, but testing has shown that the damage portion provides its own aggro outside of the 400 cap.
Old 04-12-2021, 05:29 PM
Orc

Thanks for all the info. Is any of this documented anywhere or it this all tribal knowledge?
Old 04-12-2021, 05:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hibren [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks for all the info. Is any of this documented anywhere or it this all tribal knowledge?
Mostly documented in the forums.

Post melee proc patch you get the hate cap with:
* slow (tho some say the Wavecrasher is meh for aggro)
* Poison counters
* Stun or interupt
* AC Debuff
* Blind
* Any combo of the above

Once you have one of those procs it's usually best to go for white damage (ratio) and max haste. There are outlyers to the 400 hate proc rule (epic, feverblade, SoD etc) and plenty that fall far below that. While the patch borked some of the higher end tanking weapons and some freaks like the WESS it brought a lot of the others back into line again.

Personally post-patch I really enjoyed the Frostbringer and Sarnak Warhammer combo. That or anything Ykesha in the offhand. I sure didn't miss tryin to nab Vilefang one bit. It's not a "good" combo but it worked decently well.
Old 04-13-2021, 12:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samoht [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Kreizenn's Flame is a DPS weapon. Why are people in this thread recommending it for tanking? Sure, it's going to work moderately well for an EXP group if you're grouped with people without significant gear.

But it's not going to be good enough to hold aggro in HoT we're you're up against DPS monks using Gharns/FoN that refuse to evade because they somehow feel some sort of pride over stealing aggro.
When I was a ranger on live I thought it was great that I was stealing aggro from other melees, thought I was doing a great job spreading the load and keeping the hate on a melee of any kind. Poor groups.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 04-13-2021, 12:56 PM
Fire Giant

https://wiki.project1999.com/Kreizenn's_Flame

is a super annoying weapon. Sure it looks cool, has a great ratio, stats, and the proc is a lure, but any time you actually want the +FR the proc will never land.

Its not good aggro.
Old 04-14-2021, 10:15 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I sure didn't miss tryin to nab Vilefang one bit. It's not a "good" combo but it worked decently well.
Based on your parameters, Infestation is still going to be one of the best entry level aggro weapons. Still procs at level 1, so highly desirable for twink warriors.

Nothing has changed for viability of this weapon.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Old 04-14-2021, 10:24 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samoht [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Based on your parameters, Infestation is still going to be one of the best entry level aggro weapons. Still procs at level 1, so highly desirable for twink warriors.

And you get to poke and twist monsters with a sword. It is good optics.
Old 04-15-2021, 12:03 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:

Get a level 1 to DN so you can loot a .5 ratio aggro weapon you won’t find benefit of until the solo exp train slows down. If that’s viability, sure.
Closed Thread