Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 04-05-2021, 12:06 PM
Orc

Default Good to be back!

Not played for 10+ years....Used to run a guild on Seventh Hammer back in the day.....

Just waiting for a mod to check my petition as there's three in my family who play [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Enjoying running around Neriak and getting slaughtered at Newbie Log just like the old days [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Regards,

- Dragosanii, Dark Elf Necromancer on Blue Server
Old 04-07-2021, 04:59 AM
Kobold

Welcome back to the game Drago!
Old 04-07-2021, 06:43 AM
Orc

Thanks Tyco!

We're finally all up and running now - my wife and I who were old EQ veterans and our 7 year old, who I'm happy he's experiencing how hard a decent MMO was back in the day.

We're doing the usual and living out of Neriak - Necro, Cleric, Chanter threesome and we had a cracking time last night at Newbie log in Nektulos and re-visiting the experiences of early Everquest....

A quick foray into some Halflings which ended in a massive "train to zone!!!111!!" but we were all ritually slaughtered before every reaching the safety of Neriak....Brilliant laugh and the corpse recovery afterwards before we had to send the little one to bed [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I am noticing something weird and that is the mana regen rate even whilst sitting/meditating - it's basically either not working or very, very slow (I know mana regen was always VERY slow), even when sitting between casts etc...there seems to be very little mana regen going on....("My Kingdom for Clarity!")

We're not too bothered as we just go on a walk through the zones or go do something else until this is back up to full mana, but it was just a question about "meditating" (Also I get errors when trying to train meditation at the class leaders)....

Still, good to be back [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-07-2021, 10:23 AM
Sarnak

Regen in EQ is slow. You may need to train one point in meditate before it will take effect. Also I think you may have to make sure you're hitting the meditate button and have your spellbook out while sitting. This requirement goes away at level 35. Don't know if things have been changed, though.
Old 04-07-2021, 04:51 PM
Skeleton

If you're on blue you won't need to look at your spell book, but you will need to train one point into meditate at level 4 for INT casters and level 8 for WIS casters.

If you're on green the training rule is the same, but you will have to open the spell book and click meditate as TripSin stated above.
Old 04-07-2021, 07:24 PM
Kobold

Make sure you train meditate when you get to the level required. You no longer need to open the book on green now too.
Old 04-08-2021, 08:35 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragosanii [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks Tyco!

I am noticing something weird and that is the mana regen rate even whilst sitting/meditating - it's basically either not working or very, very slow (I know mana regen was always VERY slow), even when sitting between casts etc...there seems to be very little mana regen going on....("My Kingdom for Clarity!")

Still, good to be back [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah mana regen is slow before meditation, I’m not even sure if you get more from sitting? Once you get meditate you will just need to sit for a bit and you’ll be full mana again. HP regen is always pretty brutal, but with a cleric you’ll be in good shape.

Welcome back hope to see you around. If you’re looking for a casual leveling guild that still gets to do some raid stuff later on, consider joining Castle.
Closed Thread