Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2021, 09:17 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Just Started on Blue, Hello!

Hi there! I just started, opting to play on Blue as I can't play super duper often and the bigger pool of items on trade seemed like a better fit for later game, given that fact.

After trying a lot of different race/class combinations, I settled on a Half-Elf Ranger. They seem like the worst possible Ranger, but of the rather boring races that can actually be Rangers, Half-Elf's theme of being outcasts resonated most with me. Though their battle-thong armor is less than fun. But gameplay-wise it's a blast! I've managed to solo to 9 so far and got a sword, bow, and some spells. All the options I have are super fun, and Tracking really helps keep me off the wiki 24/7 which is also nice, as someone not familiar with non-Iksar maps.

I've fished around the forums and wiki a bit, but it seems like Velious armor models are only actually applied to Velious armor themselves? I remember them being on the low level armor when the expansion came out, but that was ages ago so I am likely misremembering. That said, is there anything that can be done to get rid of the ludicrous bikini armor aesthetics of the classic armor models? I'm not a big fan of having my butt hang out so that I can have higher armor class.

Anyway, my character's name is Yeona, if you see me running in circles I am probably lost and have no idea what's going on, so feel free to shoot me a tell with advice or chatter! I look forward to running into walls while I stare at my tracking list in your general vicinity!
Old 04-22-2021, 01:39 PM
Orc

Hello and welcome!