[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Old 04-22-2021, 02:46 PM
Planar Protector

Another note is that a lot of people were playing classic everquest even well into POP.

A lot of people never hit level 50, let alone level 60. Most of that play was taking place in vanilla zones, the heart of the game.

With Luclin you get paludal caverns and the bazaar and a lot of other features that really pull the rug out from the classic game experience. There are so many reasons that its hard to even cover. My personally preference is for pure vanilla up to before kunark launch, even though it makes the game a lot more beatable, I like the class balance at vanilla across the board. Crafted items are more valuable and decent, the world is smaller and stats are harder to come by and no one is maxing anything except maybe an ogre who put all starting points into strength.

But each of us are nostalgic for different things. I had a ball of a time in the bazaar. It wasn't as good of a time as I had in kelethin but it was still great. I had a ball of a time getting natureskin and KEI as a level 12 wizard and being pretty much an invincible lightning blaster (against other players)

But I had more fun before and I like when the a mino axe is considered a decent weapon and a total piece of junk YAK is high tier.

I mean even today - does anyone even bother to quest ivy etched armor?

The obsoleting of the original content is the biggest thing for me. I don't like it.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 04-22-2021, 02:47 PM
Planar Protector

The natureskin and KEI was in POP time.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 04-22-2021, 02:53 PM
Fire Giant

fine tuning classic-velious would be amazing. There's a ton of content and itemization, and graphic tuning they never did due to time/budget. Here's a small list that, imo, would make p99 amazing on a whole new level

These are things that can and are being done by the community. But would be easier as a dev and not doing it all client side:

1. finish skinning raid loot. A sword that is part of a dragon's chosen collection of treasure should not look like the rusty sword being slung around by a decaying skeleton.
2. Make custom armor skins based on the items, not the race

These are things that would require a dev.
1. Put all the lore into a DB as random strings, each week they get put together to make a lore appropriate encounter. Sergeant Slate, you have drama to answer for sir!!
2. Flesh out unfinished zones or add to those that just seem like their full potential were never realized. Examples: those cool swords sticking out of the ground in "the hole". Or the zone into what became SolC near the traitor camp in SoLa.
3. Create a faction dynamic with raid bosses for classic everquest similar to velious. Imagine a ring war style event with dark elves swarming FP, and if they won taking boats to destroy kaladim, kelethin, and felwithe...

Bring back removed raids:
1.bring back mayong, tune up and add a loot table.
2. add the new revamped style ST with ancients instead of warders
3. make raids for the global god models includes in the base game sd3 files.. Erollisi Marr, tribunal, and rallos zek to name a few.

The dev time on that stuff might seem intensive but really, we could crowd source this out to the many talented people in our community. Even if it's just coming up with compelling storylines with lore that checks out.

I guess it just pains my soul at all of the lost potential we have here. I would even take p99 <insert color> that is just a clone with luclin enabled. Would be interesting to see how many people swap to it full time over blue.
Old 04-22-2021, 03:04 PM
Fire Giant

One last thing to add..

Most people cite these two things, the bazaar, and the scions.

1. the bazaar - the /trader function didn't work till well into PoP, so, everyone still just /auctioned off stuff, except now there was a cool arena to play around in after raids.

The bazaar was a place i had so much fun, stress free pvp with all sorts of people. It was kind of like after a show at 2am once the bar is closed while everyone is getting cabs and shit. Slight party atmosphere, but nothing really to focus on lol

2. "the free ports ruined everything" - Scions would port every 15 minutes IF you remembered to hail them for the diamond. There were four (right?) of them across the entire world and all from zones that people can port to/from. With dial, i hardly if ever wait that long. If anything i bet luclin would put DAP back on the MAP.

Also, i see no reason why we couldn't do luclin where we still don't implement some of the QoL things like in game maps that people think mitigate the game's grittyness
Old 04-22-2021, 03:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naerron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
1. finish skinning raid loot. A sword that is part of a dragon's chosen collection of treasure should not look like the rusty sword being slung around by a decaying skeleton.
Why can't it look plain? The dragon isn't hoarding that sword because of what it looks like, he's hoarding it because of the thing's magical enchantments. I don't see any reason why your highly enchanted vorpal blade of ever-cutting couldn't look like a regular blade of similar profile. Doesn't bother me.
Old 04-22-2021, 03:53 PM
Banned

i was quad kiting raptors the day i quit pop
Old 04-22-2021, 06:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snortles Chortles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i was quad kiting raptors the day i quit pop
a nice science
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Old 04-22-2021, 07:21 PM
Fire Giant

I am not even completely against bazaar. Seems like the least of the problems. Not sure if I would keep it if I had my choice though.
Old 04-22-2021, 07:25 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naerron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
2. Make custom armor skins based on the items, not the race.
I just hope they don't turn every item into looking like an epic, like in Wow.

I like how in EQ most items are basic looking, which is nice in a simulated world, fake or fiction.

If they change up the graphics, for an Everquest Resurrected, I hope its just an updated copy and pasted version.
Closed Thread