Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 04-24-2010, 10:19 PM
Kobold

Default Random, Funny, Harsh, Awesome EQ Stories

I got this idea when I saw the "worst corpse run" thread and thought this would be awesome for people tell not just CR stories but ALL stories, and I'm going to start, some of the small details may be a bit off cause it was a long time, but it's what basically happened.

-Ran to ToV, reason; I don't remember. Had a 60 wiz.
-Invis inside ToV, ( me and buddy on comp, he was controlling I was watching )
-Conning everything, nothing scowled, except 1 yellow we missed. We get aggro, insta die.
-Corpse Run! Get in and die somehow ( forgot ) Same Wyv I think
-Another CR! This time we get a cleric to come rez. Running along, and JUST before ToV... is a cliff...
-How I was taught to go down to ToV, was down that cliff, slowlyyyy and smartlike.
-Running along, buddy on comp puts the view to 3rd person type, so we can see a huge radius. Start running up to the cliff edge, and STOP RIGHT at the VERY tip. Cleric, being kind of new, .. runs off. Dead.

It was just so perfect that he stopped on the edge, and he was in the perfect veiw that we watch the cleric run right by us and fall lol.
Old 04-26-2010, 01:27 AM
Aviak

Used to drown my victims as a Iksar Shaman while pking lighties in Crushbone. Would run to D'vinn for safety, but if I engaged in fights i'd harass them until they chased me, and then jump into that deep pool and root the poor bastards. Watch them drown.
Old 04-26-2010, 01:29 AM
Aviak

From about May to August, 2001, my ranger was the scourge of Butcherblock, it became so bad that anytime I would sign on and start hunting lowbies in Butcherblock someone would shout im here and they'd all scatter.

One time an entire guild was after me, GNOMERCY, a guild of very low leveled gnomes, they all swarmed me and a high level druid helped me. Then told them, that he wil no longer help me, and asked if they can invite him into their group. They did. He then teleported them to ODUS, and disbanded. only 1 of them had gate! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-26-2010, 05:26 AM
Kobold

Lol, had a level 1 Ogre camped in Kael, at the wall looking to where Vindi spawned. A guild killed the Statue of Rallos Zek, and AoW was spawned. They were I guess medding ect waiting for the big event. So, being a level 1 ogre I decided to see how far I could get AoW. I got him to ZL, I had the BEST screen shot of him running down ramp, I swear I could have sold this to people. Anyway, It killed some people and stuff, but it was just an epic journey to make it with AoW to zone, and I think I must have had a train with me aswell. But i was just so awsome lol.
Old 04-26-2010, 06:02 AM
Planar Protector

One of my funniest / fondest memories of EQ came from the Prog server during kunark.

Me, and 2 of my friends had found a very lucrative way of making alot of money farming tolapumj and the jugg who dropped the level 60 spells [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Anyways, we were there, trakanon was pretty much perma killed by our guild RoI or FoH (some gimp rotation was in place) anyways, we were farming there quite a bit and it was great money (5k per robe, 20k for some of the spells that dropped like sunstrike) We were just happily killing away when me and my friend decided to afk a bit. We came back later on to find that trakanon had spawned (didn't know he was due) and to make matters worse, the SK we were with had tried training him to zone out... by happenstance training the forming FoH raid (about 30-40 people).

This of course looked like a deliberate dick move to do to a rival guild, and a gm was called in, and when i eventually got back from afk, not only was i coming back to a corpse, but i came back to an angry GM, who proceeded to suspend me and my group [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] He was rather unmoved on the matter too... tried explaining i was afk, was having none of it.

Prog server was alot of fun... since i was unemployed and had ridiculous amounts of time to spend on eq [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Viva RoI!

The SK defended what he did by saying "I called train to zone..."

I enchant things...
Old 04-26-2010, 11:03 AM
Fire Giant

When PoP came out, I farmed the 7th isle of Posky for elemental crowns for the mage epic.

sold about 7 or 8 for 100-125k each.
Old 04-26-2010, 02:19 PM
Sarnak

Send a message via AIM to Xumosa

was farming kael arena for random loot/exp/fun etc and i broke up the vindi pull and told friend to grab vindi, convinced him it was just another giant [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

also plane of mischief corpse runs...ah the memories...

or people falling from uppers in VL lol...

or spawning the ring 8 event well people were camping inside the orc village/castle thingy lol...

and lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by twizztid [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I got this idea when I saw the "worst corpse run" thread and thought this would be awesome for people tell not just CR stories but ALL stories, and I'm going to start, some of the small details may be a bit off cause it was a long time, but it's what basically happened.

-Ran to ToV, reason; I don't remember. Had a 60 wiz.
-Invis inside ToV, ( me and buddy on comp, he was controlling I was watching )
-Conning everything, nothing scowled, except 1 yellow we missed. We get aggro, insta die.
-Corpse Run! Get in and die somehow ( forgot ) Same Wyv I think
-Another CR! This time we get a cleric to come rez. Running along, and JUST before ToV... is a cliff...
-How I was taught to go down to ToV, was down that cliff, slowlyyyy and smartlike.
-Running along, buddy on comp puts the view to 3rd person type, so we can see a huge radius. Start running up to the cliff edge, and STOP RIGHT at the VERY tip. Cleric, being kind of new, .. runs off. Dead.

It was just so perfect that he stopped on the edge, and he was in the perfect veiw that we watch the cleric run right by us and fall lol.
being the guy in that story, that was sooo friggin funny i felt kind of bad for the cleric but couldnt stop laughing
Last edited by Xumosa; 04-26-2010 at 02:30 PM..
Closed Thread