Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-31-2011, 01:17 PM
Kobold

And yes Variance must be done away with. For that to happen though. WE as a comunity Must start acting like adults and come up with something that benifits both power gamers and casuals a like.

Curently the guild I am in isnt even tier 3 and im fine w/ that. It may take us 6 months to be ready to raid,, good w/ that too. what i myself am not fine with is that in order to even get a chance at even oldworld stuff, i gotta quit my job, wife and be on call 24/7. We can simply do better and if your competing or rotating w/ 2 or 3 guilds compairded to how it is now, everyone will atleast get there chance....... Even if they must wait to get it.
Old 05-31-2011, 01:20 PM
Fire Giant

+1
Old 05-31-2011, 01:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
if it was truelly a race to the mobs or even a real compition then fine , But the reality of the so called compition is camp at said mob, Mass text to log in form groups and kill it in under 5 min.

Then you have the Clusterfuck of 144+ people from all difrent guild training one another in Fear(intentionally or not) just to get CT. this one I think we can all agree could be done better. Like say First guild to zone in gets the mob and you got 3 hours to totally clear and kill CT ... FFA after 3 hours. If you can not clear it, you must forfit

My idea is more of a Tier system, progresion if you will. Tier one guilds agree to stay out of old world raiding areas till epics go live. Tier 2 guilds must complete Sky /Naggy/Vox before they can progress. Tier3 must be able to clear fear /hate and both gods .

Once epics goes in however Both tier Two and three must wait there turn. in return Tier one guilds could be called on to help the tier 2 or 3 guilds<see Divinity/Bregan> and as such you would be in somewhat of an alliance.... Yes tier 2 and 3 guilds would eventually loose people to tier one but however the comunity would be a lot stronger for this.

As far as tier goes. If tier one gulds wanna train each other fine. If tier 2 wants to rotate great. If tier 3 wants to poopsock so be it but for this to work you have to stay in line.

Before you shoot this down, how about really have a conversation about it.As it stands now ,we have basicly 1 guild that gets everything and im sure they are ok w/ that but what does that do to build a comunity.. you know , the thing that made classic the best game ever .
3 hours to clear? The guilds getting CT don't even bother to clear it.
Old 05-31-2011, 01:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And yes Variance must be done away with. For that to happen though. WE as a comunity Must start acting like adults and come up with something that benifits both power gamers and casuals a like.

Curently the guild I am in isnt even tier 3 and im fine w/ that. It may take us 6 months to be ready to raid,, good w/ that too. what i myself am not fine with is that in order to even get a chance at even oldworld stuff, i gotta quit my job, wife and be on call 24/7. We can simply do better and if your competing or rotating w/ 2 or 3 guilds compairded to how it is now, everyone will atleast get there chance....... Even if they must wait to get it.
That's my point. Raiding on live wasn't who had the most time to sit on their PC, it was who had the players capable to take down a target and who was smart enough to find the ToDs and consequently the spawn times. The largest amount of effort you put in was "do i want to wake up at 2am to drop ____ ?"

You don't need people to act like adults; that's unrealistic. What you currently have is GMs forcing people to act like adults by weeding out those who have jobs and social lives in order to make their own lives easier and keep the raid scene from being a hateful monster. That's easily enough to deal with: Simply don't give a shit. If Rogean/Nilbog agreed to let the raid scene work itself out and take their hands off then you'd have a level playing field and one that *actually resembled what raiding was on live.*
Old 05-31-2011, 01:24 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Versus

Competition is what makes this server fun. You think the 30sec-2min boss fights are what do it for people? Nope!

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Kolored on Red.

Last edited by Versus; 05-31-2011 at 01:27 PM..
Old 05-31-2011, 01:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Competition is what makes this server fun. You think the 30sec-2min boss fights are what do it for people? Nope!

http://i681.photobucket.com/albums/v...sj_popcorn.gif
what competition? tracking for 4 days because of a non-classic mechanic, competition? that's not competition. Competition is all raiding guilds capable of downing a target there. That's competition.
Old 05-31-2011, 01:29 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
They tried this, it's called instanced content. There are lots of games that cater to this. EQ raiding is not one of them.

Quote:
Again, no. I work a very real job with normal hours, have a great marriage and a 2 year old and have made 45% of our raids over the last 9 months. There isn't a guild on this server that expects its entire membership to be available to go 24 hours a day. Some people have this "luxury" and some do not but even within the top 2 guilds, the concern is far more for your competence than your playtime.

If you don't know what it's like to raid here, it seems pretty absurd to continue to make assumptions about the workings of guilds you don't deal with.
Old 05-31-2011, 01:32 PM
Planar Protector

you boys need some red99
Old 05-31-2011, 01:33 PM
Banned

Shiftin, you'd be able to make 70-80% of raids if it were dumped. Furthermore, you'd know exactly when your free time is beforehand.

But the one argument that trumps anything anyone can possibly think of that defends variance is this: It's not classic.
Old 05-31-2011, 01:38 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skope [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Shiftin, you'd be able to make 70-80% of raids if it were dumped. Furthermore, you'd know exactly when your free time is beforehand.

But the one argument that trumps anything anyone can possibly think of that defends variance is this: It's not classic.
I didn't say anything to defend the variance. I'm a simulate patch day guy myself [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread