Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 05-11-2022, 02:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
what I mean is the sheer cost of simply transfering money between banks, or between people and setting up payroll is astonishingly expensive.

here are your options for transfering money to someone besides literally giving them cash/check:

1 Paypal, a company of 1500 employees, and all that paperwork and infrastructure costs

2 your bank, like paypal but 10x the employees and infrastructure costs and footprint and costs 3x as much to do same transfer - requires enough information to steal someone's identity (NOT SAFE)

3 another of the many companies like paypal, see the payapl footprint.

bitcoin: payer & payee

the "environmental impact" of bitcoin will never, EVER compare to the impact of any of those other options.

Let alone the costs customers would save by using bitcoin for the same service.

Around the world people can transfer money between each other for goods and services with virtually no other parties involved, through email, instantly.

I mean the net positives of that alone make bitcoin so much better for the environment, and the economy, than nuke power is for energy. It's like the economic version of getting your power from the sun.

There is no reason to use a non crypto based economy at this point, at the very least the new world order should issue one, because paying banks huge sums of money to just destroy the environment is a stupid alternative.
Wrong
Old 05-11-2022, 02:04 PM
Planar Protector

so your argument is that the entire mail delivery service, and paper manufacturing industry, is just as efficient as an email?
Old 05-11-2022, 02:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaveh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wrong
no way in hell you understand that post
Old 05-11-2022, 02:05 PM
Planar Protector

You’re just wrong man there’s no reason to argue. It’s like arguing with a Scientologist
Old 05-11-2022, 02:06 PM
Planar Protector

Estonia is the most “connected” country on earth and circumvents all of these problems

American inefficiency doesn’t make Bitcoin a good option. It just means maybe we need smarter people running things. Hope this helps!
Old 05-11-2022, 02:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaveh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You’re just wrong man there’s no reason to argue. It’s like arguing with a Scientologist
im not but I get that you think we're talking about religion and thats why you can just be like 'tis a mater of opinion'
Old 05-11-2022, 02:12 PM
Planar Protector

handing cash to someone Florida from Wyoming is more efficient than sending them an email?

or are you trying to describe a better world, that looks more like the BC's and we're bartering and trading for goods?

The internet is free in a world with electricity.

Postal service will always spew oil into the air and consume forests for no reason.
Old 05-11-2022, 02:15 PM
Planar Protector

You're rage quitting, I literally asked you a question about the specificity of your statement.
Old 05-11-2022, 02:15 PM
Planar Protector

Estonia solved that problem. Your crowd likes to do its own research so I’ll let you look into it

Regardless, XRP tried to solve bank to bank transfers, which is what you’re mostly talking about. Too bad the issuers saved a lot of the currency for themselves (like any Ponzi scheme) and we’re full of shit. Bitcoin doesn’t even claim to do what you’re claiming for “crypto” as a whole. Maybe if a specific, we’ll managed currency with that application arose you’d have a point, but currently, WRONG
Old 05-11-2022, 02:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Bitcoin doesn’t even claim to do what you’re claiming for “crypto” as a whole
Maybe you should get your head out of your ass and stop talking about bitcoin and XRP when im taking about the function of what crypto is you dimwit.

If I didnt say bitcoin, why the hell are you assuming I am talking about it, when I literally said if the NEW WORLD ORDER MADE THEIR OWN CRYPTO dipshit idiot.

There argument being made here is for the vastly inefficient system we currently have, and how crypto currency can solve it.

You god damn ape.