Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 12-27-2012, 12:22 PM
Aviak

.net framework 4.5 is downward compatible, so install that and all .net stuff should run =)
Old 12-27-2012, 12:24 PM
Large Rat

^ now when I try to install net framework 4 I am getting failure to install error. Trying to uninstall what I have and install fresh.
/edit: cant install 4.5 on my version of windows (XP) !
/edit: wiped all net framework installs, cant reinstall 4.0 now.

damn this old version of windows.

Is it possible for me to just manually patch and bypass the emulauncher entirely? If so how do I add all the patches manually? I tried that before but it didnt work.

Thanks in advance.
Last edited by tskzes; 12-27-2012 at 12:37 PM..
Old 12-27-2012, 02:28 PM
Aviak

it was, not sure if they still provide a zip file.. but the next version of eqemulauncher will include .net framework auto installation to make it easier especially for XP users[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-27-2012, 03:14 PM
Large Rat

^ so i finally (somehow) got it to work by randomly trying and retrying various things, now I am trying to play with my IRL brother but we can not because temporary block on my IP address.
Old 12-27-2012, 08:05 PM
Aviak

you need an IP excemption to be able to play together on the same line..

Quote:
2+ Boxing
Playing more than one character per server is not allowed and will be strictly enforced. The server will not allow you to log in with more than 1 account per public internet connection. Those attempting to do so will be met with an error message at the loginserver that states there has been a temporary IP block. If you legitimately have more than one real person playing from your connection, you may petition to be excluded from this limitation via an IP Exemption request in the petition forums. Please see the Support section of this guide for more information.
Old 12-28-2012, 12:36 PM
Orc

SO i have been experiancing some issues with my game and wanted to try this out.

I experience slow motion until i scroll my mouse wheel and all is fine.... this program did not work.

Any ideas?
Old 12-30-2012, 04:15 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genedin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I keep getting the error:

Could not overwrite file C:/Program Files (x86)/Sony/EverQuest/dsetup.dll

When im trying to launch. It will sometimes launch anyway, but then the character name says my "spell" file is outdated and to get it from the getting started page but there is nothing there.... help please.
Run it as an admin (right click and select Run as Administrator).
Old 12-30-2012, 04:17 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trinidy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
SO i have been experiancing some issues with my game and wanted to try this out.

I experience slow motion until i scroll my mouse wheel and all is fine.... this program did not work.

Any ideas?
Will need more info from you. Which options did you try? Are you using EQemu or a fixed CPU shortcut? If EQemu have you tried forcing it to use only 1 core through options in EQemu (not the game)?

What kind of processor do you have? AMD? Intel? Dual Core? Quad Core?
Old 01-06-2013, 06:52 AM
Orc

Here's a fun question: I used the option to cut the install down by deleting post-Velious files, and when playing on other EQ Emu servers that require them I'm now out of luck. Any way to restore these, or would a whole new Titanium install be needed?
Old 01-06-2013, 11:49 AM
Planar Protector

If you've got the space, I'd do an extra install for other servers like The Hidden Forest etc as servers adapt certain files that can cause chaos if you're chopping around (Nektulos/Lavastorm here as an example needs to be adapted).

Assuming you go to do that and don't get an option from your Titanium CDs to do another install, copy your original P99 folder to a USB stick (or CD-R or whatever) and then do another Titanium install for Server 2. Sounds like a long way around a big problem but it can save a lot of headaches [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]