Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-17-2018, 11:05 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan Jensen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-17-2018, 11:06 AM
Banned

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan Jensen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-17-2018, 11:36 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Old 08-17-2018, 12:10 PM
Planar Protector

Gnoll ears to 18 then bard kite to 60.
Old 08-17-2018, 01:14 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm7192 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So I've been doing a lot of speed run watching lately. All this has got me thinking about Everquest. A speed run of this game would be absolutely insane in time, scope, luck and would stress just about every single measure of the player's game knowledge and ability.

But for the sake of fantasy, let's say some one was crazy enough to do it. What would that even look like? Would it be simply 1-60 in the fastest way possible? Could you utilize the player market? Would it incorporate permadeath? Obviously game breaking bugs would likely not be encouraged or allowed.

If I were to go about it, I think there are two main runs I would make: 0-60 fastest possible SOLO (no player items, aid or group) or 0-60 fastest possible player-with-players (PwP) with grouping, aid and player market available.

The most sane version would be PwP and with that I would make a halfling warrior for the +14.5% xp bonus. A run might look like this:

1-8: Misty Thicket - attack spiders, skeletons and wolves for pelts, silks and bone chips for selling later. Get enough money to purchase or make Leather Armor.
8-12: EC - Orc Groups, Spiders for silks to sell, keep an eye out on a magic weapon for 10-50pp to attack wisps. Use buffs to brush past the levels.
12-20: Befallen - Fun and consistent zone with blazing fast xp even when the mobs turn light blue. Collect what you can and sell it all. By now, there's probably 80-100pp in the bank, use it to buy banded.
20-30: Upper Guk - Just a hair under Befallen for zone xp modifier and with a chance of dropping some items that I can use or sell.
30-35 Highkeep: Collect the ears, use for the turn in and sell 1/4 of them for a weapon upgrade if possible.
35-40 SolA: Money and great zone modifier.
40-50 CoM: Suffer through it and get what you can
50-60 Karnor's/Lower Guk: At this point using whatever money I can to keep the warrior afloat as a tank. Item drops in Lower Guk would be beneficial to sell or use and the ZEM is quite nice but it can sometimes be hard to find reliable grouping. Perhaps use a guild to get things moving.

Assuming no job and reasonable luck with groups, transport, aid along with real life needs like sleeping and eating, I think it can be done in a month or less. You'd be a shriveled up shell of what you used to be, but it would very well be the first recorded speed run of Everquest P1999 to exist and you'd be record holder almost no matter what you do.

What do you think? What would your speed run look like?
How did you come with a route that's so intensely sub-optimal, even from a solo standpoint?
Old 08-17-2018, 01:26 PM
Sarnak

very carefully
Old 08-17-2018, 01:43 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doil_Boil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How did you come with a route that's so intensely sub-optimal, even from a solo standpoint?
Like, I'm pretty sure this would be MUCH slower than AVERAGE, even.

-What a cool idea, to have an EQ speedrun!

-What an ABJECTLY stupid plan, have you literally ever leveled even one 60 before?
Old 08-17-2018, 02:25 PM
Kobold

perhaps you could turn in muffins fast enough to just barely not crash
Old 08-17-2018, 02:34 PM
Planar Protector

I've watched speedruns for games like the Fallout series and Mario. It's interesting to see someone blow through 30 hours of content in 40 minutes or less.

I imagine that if there were no rules, it might be possible to get someone to 50 in a day or less. Beyond that I'm not so sure.

I'd gladly be the guinea pig if people wanted to try this out.
Old 08-17-2018, 03:01 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topgunben [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've watched speedruns for games like the Fallout series and Mario. It's interesting to see someone blow through 30 hours of content in 40 minutes or less.

I imagine that if there were no rules, it might be possible to get someone to 50 in a day or less. Beyond that I'm not so sure.

I'd gladly be the guinea pig if people wanted to try this out.
gf and I have gone 1-54 in about 50 hours a few times
Closed Thread