Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-17-2018, 03:07 PM
Sarnak

If you made different objectives for speed run, you might be able to make a fun one for EQ. But the slow leveling of classic EQ (without heavily twinking or PLing) is completely antithetical to the idea of a speed run.
Old 08-17-2018, 03:23 PM
Orc

Maybe necro, considering the first person to hit 60 after Kunark release was Clever, an Iksar necromancer.
Old 08-17-2018, 08:47 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doil_Boil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How did you come with a route that's so intensely sub-optimal, even from a solo standpoint?
Cool.

What's your idea.
Old 08-17-2018, 08:47 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you made different objectives for speed run, you might be able to make a fun one for EQ. But the slow leveling of classic EQ (without heavily twinking or PLing) is completely antithetical to the idea of a speed run.
That's the idea.
Old 08-17-2018, 09:06 PM
Banned

bards are the fastest runners
Old 08-18-2018, 01:58 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm7192 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If I were to go about it, I think there are two main runs I would make: 0-60 fastest possible SOLO (no player items, aid or group) or 0-60 fastest possible player-with-players (PwP) with grouping, aid and player market available.

The most sane version would be PwP and with that I would make a halfling warrior for the +14.5% xp bonus. A run might look like this:
Kushida gnome warrior in Auld Lang Syne went 1-60 super quick and had the added difficulty of only using the ALS guild economy. Your challenge is lame. Trying playing p99 without twinking, no MQs and no EC tunnel. ALS already has a better challenge system then this speed run
Old 08-18-2018, 02:11 PM
Banned

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by sedrie.bellamie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
ALS already has a better challenge system then this speed run
hard mode
Old 08-18-2018, 04:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastboy21 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The question seems too flawed to me...by definition EQ isn't about doing something/somethings to "win". Its open ended, by design.
The irony is fucking palpable, man. How can you say that EQ is open ended in the same breath as saying that the OP's idea isn't something that should be done in EQ?
Old 08-18-2018, 05:28 PM
Planar Protector

Would u watch it?
A speedrun of EQ...Ive been trying to convince a movie friend of mine to do it, while streaming. He cant leave the setup room untill he dings 60. Someone will supply food and party supplements to him
(His max eq char is/was 19 so he is a noob)
Old 08-18-2018, 07:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muggens [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Would u watch it?
A speedrun of EQ...Ive been trying to convince a movie friend of mine to do it, while streaming. He cant leave the setup room untill he dings 60. Someone will supply food and party supplements to him
(His max eq char is/was 19 so he is a noob)
I can only see this ending in you being charged with attempted (or actual) murder.
Closed Thread