Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-31-2016, 01:57 PM
Planar Protector

Default anyone know ETA for fresh EQ server?

first off, i know this is not the first time anyone has mentioned this problem. ive been playing alot recently (mostly low level toons), and ive noticed that the low end is heavily influenced by the amount of 40+ characters on the server. here's some examples:
  • it is not uncommon to be in a group at level 5 with someone in full ro/cultural armor
  • alot of players under level 30 have haste items
  • many groups kill mobs so fast that they run out of mobs halfway through the spawn timer
  • velious weapons are frequently handed out to new players, making it not uncommon for a low level to hit for max damage nearly every swing
  • alot of content goes untouched, or is impossible to find a group for

before people start suggesting that my post be banned to RnF, let me just state that i do not personally mind slaughtering low-end content. in fact, i usually mildly twink out my new toons in order to keep up with the trend.

what i am criticizing, however, is how the "classic feel" is totally lost to new players who have never experienced EQ. considering that this server (look in the top left of your screen) advertises "Classic Everquest", i think its a bit disillusioning to people with no prior experience, who come to this server to see what EQ is about.

i realize that this is by no means the fault of the development team. server administrators have no responsibility when it comes to player interactions, so long as those interactions stay friendly, and no one is offended. what the problem is, im not going to go into detail. im looking for a solution, i want to call on the community to create a status quo... for the benefit of the server.

rushing new players to 60 without giving them the time or opportunities to learn mechanics, does not seem like a good strategy to create a strong, lasting playerbase. there are so many community aspects of this game which are lost to this server because of this "rush" strategy. ive had many ideas for community events, but it seems like the majority of the playerbase is only interested in going to the same "hot zones" or getting PL'd.

Live is total shit until you get to endgame content, due to all the "fixes" they implemented. maybe a fresh p99 server might not be the answer to this problem, but for now i am excited to find out when i can expect one. thanks for reading, i know its bad