Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 07-18-2016, 04:41 PM
Fire Giant

In Eivy's (and my own) defense, I have access to multiple L60 characters with which I can farm plat to buy things in EC. That's not how I like to play the game, though. I like to camp what I "need", and get it solo if at all possible. Part of that challenge is doing the prep work to get dialed in on a static camp like Hadden rather than waste hours staring at the spawn point (or being distracted and missing it).

I really just don't think that someone standing around AFK at a spawn point qualifies as camping something. It's entirely possible that Eivy only engaged when he did because he was alerted by the sounds of me blowing it up.
Old 07-18-2016, 04:45 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droog007 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
... I like to camp what I "need", and get it solo if at all possible. ...
I don't need these pixels, I can quit at anytime LOL.

(counts to seconds on watch to justify flagrant ass-wipery)
Old 07-18-2016, 04:47 PM
Fire Giant

Now now, there was no stopwatch. Just a 20-count. I said that's what I'd do, and I did it.

Again, I'd expect the same treatment if I was AFK at Hadden, even if I was "there for hours".
Old 07-18-2016, 04:50 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorlon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This server is such a shit hole.
Quote:
Originally Posted by azeth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
so you're lawyer questing your way into a fishbone earring huh?

summary of events

1. eivy has been camping hadden seemingly for days
2. OP shows up and decides to be a buttchugging creeper and big brother the camp
3. eivy drops some hot pocket on his lap and misses the hadden spawn by 52 seconds
4. buttchugger steals his shit and here we are
Old 07-18-2016, 04:50 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
[Fri Jul 15 19:37:06 2016] Kubos tells you, 'are you there?'
[Fri Jul 15 19:37:07 2016] You told Kubos, 'AFK Message: Yes, I am camping Hadden. I don't have the timer yet, so if he pops when I'm AFK, lucky you!'
Old 07-18-2016, 04:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokesan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's called delusion.
I require more of this feeling.
Old 07-18-2016, 05:19 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droog007 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Now now, there was no stopwatch. Just a 20-count. I said that's what I'd do, and I did it.

Again, I'd expect the same treatment if I was AFK at Hadden, even if I was "there for hours".
Counting to 20 instead of watching your clock decreases your level of autism from a quantifiable 9 to an 8. So that's great.

I would give it back because I'm not a piece of shit.

But I also know where I am. If there is a warm center to the internet, p99 is the farthest place from it. What's the point of pixels if you can't poop on someone else's face AMIRITE
Old 07-18-2016, 05:38 PM
Planar Protector

So much venom towards OP. Honestly, wow. I hadn't really thought about this rule and personally wouldn't have taken it, but can also say it wouldnt have been taken from me. I'd have stared at the damn screen and been on Hadden as soon as he spawned. That's part of the reason I don't camp things^^ 20 seconds seems really short, but when you stop and think about it, what was she doing???? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Sux that she lost it, but can't blame anyone when had she just followed custom, she'd have won.
Old 07-18-2016, 05:45 PM
Planar Protector

Hypothetical: I was camping Skeletal warlord PH's in Karnors for 2 days straight, and one spawned with a staff but was pulled before I could get to it. Do I have any right to that T-staff? Of course not.

Pretty much same thing going on here. I can sit anywhere I want in norrath while AFK, that doesn't give me camping rights of something and never has in the history of p99.

OP should have just camped as soon as he looted earring, not responded to the butthurt newb that stupidly went AFK while camping a long respawn mob, and went about his business.
Blueberrii - 60 Mage
Gigglepurr - 60 Shaman
Kids - 60 Rogue
Fornfamnad - 60 Cleric
Old 07-18-2016, 05:53 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedmelon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
... but can't blame anyone when had she just followed custom, she'd have won.
Blaming OP works pretty good too.
Closed Thread