Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 07-18-2016, 06:03 PM
Orc

you lawyerquested the rules down to the millisecond. Of course you completely missed the point of the play nice policies is to play nice.
Old 07-18-2016, 06:16 PM
Fire Giant

I wouldn't worry about this too much since I just saw Eivy in the EC tunnel trying to sell the earring for 3K.
Old 07-18-2016, 06:24 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumbo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I wouldn't worry about this too much since I just saw Eivy in the EC tunnel trying to sell the earring for 3K.
Haha ... case closed. Thanks everyone.
Old 07-18-2016, 06:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtkoan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Blaming OP works pretty good too.
no that is irrational. Should have had a "she" in there before cant blame anyone and and an else. I know I'd have blamed myself and it wouldn'thave happened again because I refuse to be trampled.
Old 07-18-2016, 06:37 PM
Fire Giant

In my humble opinion, there's two ways that are acceptable in dealing with taking over a camp.

1) All the spawns of a camp are present and not waiting on respawn, and no players are present to camp them. Assume that this is about 1-4 mobs within LOS of your standing point indoors, or only a single spawn outdoors as per GM's making the ruling that one player can only 'camp' one outdoor spawn point. Which is a crap rule but it's what I've been told and what I've seen enforced.

2) The location is camped, but a mob has just respawned. Send a /tell to the camper saying "spawn is up" and do a /time check for the chat scroll, and take a screenshot. Wait 2 full minutes. Do another /time and take a screenshot, and then kill the mob if the camper is still silent and immobile. Congrats, you did your duty with the "Play Nice" server rule and no one's going to scream at you.

What you did with only waiting less than 30 seconds to engage is going to become subject to different GM speculation on what is 'right'. Covering your ass with the above removes the time variable from question. So in short, hand the earring over.
Old 07-18-2016, 07:12 PM
Banned

I don't know this camp but if it's multiple hours and the person was waiting multiple hours and you didn't even give him 1 minute to engage, that's pretty rough.
Old 07-18-2016, 07:36 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallow2345 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
you lawyerquested the rules down to the millisecond. Of course you completely missed the point of the play nice policies is to play nice.
This...

The mob is technically OP's, however, he is still kind of a dick for taking it after 20 seconds. Just sayin. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Sometimes I am embarrassed playing here because of how bad our name is. I have friends who won't play here because "They hear it's a shithole". This behaviour just clearly adds to that.

Carry on!
Old 07-19-2016, 12:52 AM
Aviak

OP was in the wrong imo. Giving the person less than a minute is just crap.
Old 07-19-2016, 12:55 AM
Aviak

Keep the earring. Eivy can kick rocks.
Old 07-19-2016, 01:34 AM
Kobold

why is there even elf simulator pixel drama over such a low-tier item?