Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2016, 03:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumbo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You know what will happen with a fresh server?

Everything that was talked about with players having full armor, being twinks and having the best of the best until an new patch comes out.

A fresh server isn't going to restart anything and make everyone work their way up the ladder of armor and weapons.

A fresh server is just going to have people create classes that they can powerlevel to get the items that will be removed later such as the Manastone and other items so they can make their twinks again.
Of course. But there will be a period of up to a year, I think, where things will be glorious. Then the twinking and item creep will start, but it will be a while before it gets really bad again. There's no way around it without mechanics changes. I always thought item breakage+item maintenance tradeskills plat sinks was a great mechanic, but we won't see that here. Yes, I mean your super special epic too.
Old 08-01-2016, 03:39 PM
Banned

So leveling my necromancer with a Zlandicar Heart is not considered classic?
Old 08-01-2016, 03:39 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by phacemeltar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
what youre forgetting about is the large number of exploits that have taken place since the launch of blue. i havent been here since launch, but i remember many times where the validity of blue server was comprimised. countless cases of using server lag to duplicate items, many non-timeline items being distributed, not to mention the fact that lots of patches have been applied with no reset of the server.

there is a post somewhere in the forums about how in the servers youth period there was millions of platinum that was basically created out of nowhere. rmt, scams, manastones, etc
I would love to see that post. Gets me thinking about how that type of stuff, before the server started seriously policing it, could have had a massive effect on the state of the economy of the current server. If it did have a huge negative effect, then knowing what the admins know now, this new server would stay "pure" alot longer, if not forever. There will always be twinks, but with people coming and going from the server, maybe the rate of crazy twinks would be diminished enough to keep its classic feel.

Asher
Old 08-01-2016, 03:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevGrousis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would love to see that post. Gets me thinking about how that type of stuff, before the server started seriously policing it, could have had a massive effect on the state of the economy of the current server. If it did have a huge negative effect, then knowing what the admins know now, this new server would stay "pure" alot longer, if not forever. There will always be twinks, but with people coming and going from the server, maybe the rate of crazy twinks would be diminished enough to keep its classic feel.
it was most likely deleted, but i can try to search

edit: damn, that was easy: https://www.project1999.com/forums/a...p/t-31176.html

i cannot attest to the validity, but ask some of the red die-hards, they probably can verify
Last edited by phacemeltar; 08-01-2016 at 03:55 PM..
Old 08-01-2016, 03:59 PM
Planar Protector

also, why did derubael quit? his primary task was to eliminate the scammers, but he just disappeared one day in a fit of rage... sry to necro that conspiracy
Old 08-02-2016, 12:03 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphys [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Make screaming mace great again
lol, screaming mace was never great. Although it was fun being a newb who didn't know any better. I still remember the fine steel greatsword my L8 paladin bought off another player fondly, and the combine longsword (oooo magic!) I bought at L10 with the proceeds from crafting arrows for others, but 1999 was a long time ago.
Old 08-02-2016, 01:34 AM
Banned

srsly when magical weapons were rare and actually there was a period when you were like, " This wisp is going to kill me "

Polished granate tomahawk + Screaming mace = twink warrior, he has half a set of bronze wtf +2 str rings too
Old 08-02-2016, 01:41 AM
Planar Protector

The first month of a new server is magic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] People collecting giant snake fangs to sell to lower levels.....people getting fire beetle eyes in freeport and taking the boat to kelethin to sell all the druids and rangers an eye for their spells....people offering to sharpen others rusty weapons for free to work on their smithing (because doing it another way just costs too much! no one has all the plat for that!).

Or people saving up a ton of money...to go to the gypsy camps....and...and....buy a combined weapon!! (it is magic, one of the earliest ones you can get if you save up)).
Old 08-03-2016, 10:50 AM
Orc

Related thought, it might be neat if there were an eqemu server out there that periodically refreshes every year or so, maybe keep a leaderboard for each year. Make it like a sporting event rather than allowing for the long term problem of end-game player class imbalance. eg- "This year, Guild X had 30 lvl 60 toons, Guild Y had 28..." etc.

How long does it take a min-maxer to max anyway? Provided the server isn't populated exclusively by apex neckbeards, this could be a fun thing.
Old 08-03-2016, 11:24 AM
Kobold

I would love to see a new server.. I think the majority of the population would absolutely love a new server. I think this has been proven by polls time and time again.. Every time this comes up, there are a select few players from top guilds with basically unobtainable items that try to throw down the idea of a new server and how it would be negative for the population. It's the elite trying to be selfish. Nothing new.
Closed Thread