Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 10-27-2019, 02:38 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polixa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Folks jaded on repetive raiding move to green. Hoping this time it will be better.

Casuals who have been enjoying their blue toons, who still have things they want to accomplish on blue, have no reason to restart on green.
I think you have that wrong.

The vast majority of people who I have met that did not have interest in Green were Blue raider not willing to give up their mountain of plat they spent ten years hording.

Casuals have no problem with restarting.

Find me Monday, Wednesday and Friday @ https://www.twitch.tv/elhefe
Old 10-27-2019, 03:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Hefe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think you have that wrong.

The vast majority of people who I have met that did not have interest in Green were Blue raider not willing to give up their mountain of plat they spent ten years hording.

Casuals have no problem with restarting.
Really there's a lot of like "hardcore-casuals" on blue. People who like to raid and have epics and play a lot but also have a kid or job holding them back from true beard status. High fifties or level 60 main and raider but overall a warmbody (don't mean as an insult).

The opinion I heard from those types was more like, "start OVER....after it took so long to build what I have here?". While as you said the really hardcore can just bounce back and forth as much or as little as they want and the truly casual don't have enough sunk cost fallacy to make them hesitate.
Old 10-27-2019, 03:19 PM
Fire Giant

rest in peace, may green never merge with that 10 year old beta server plauged with years of broken factions, retarded invisi pulling, no green agro, way too much not seeing invisi and all the rest.

We are greatful to blue (and err in my case red) for revealing all those bugs to fix, but Green will lay flowers on its grave. Green is much too pure to crawl into the coffin with it.

bye
Old 10-27-2019, 03:57 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fammaden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Really there's a lot of like "hardcore-casuals" on blue. People who like to raid and have epics and play a lot but also have a kid or job holding them back from true beard status. High fifties or level 60 main and raider but overall a warmbody (don't mean as an insult).

The opinion I heard from those types was more like, "start OVER....after it took so long to build what I have here?". While as you said the really hardcore can just bounce back and forth as much or as little as they want and the truly casual don't have enough sunk cost fallacy to make them hesitate.
Kind of my thought, too. Not everyone is cut out to be raiding the Sleepers Tomb on a real EQ progression. I’m certainly not.

But because Blue was up for ten years it gave people a taste for that content, made them think it was the only stuff worth doing and gave them the illusion that they were (for lack of a better term) “good enough” to be part of that scene.

Green is a sudden return to reality and many on Blue are just gonna refuse to wake up. I’m interested in seeing from a distance how the raid scene builds up on Green, throwing bodies at mobs is nothing on Blue was literally nothing because people were building toons for ten years. How many are going to be ready when Velious launches in a year and a half? Probably not nearly the same amount.

Old 10-27-2019, 04:11 PM
Banned

You have the shot at warder loot again that u wanted
Old 10-27-2019, 04:20 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You have the shot at warder loot again that u wanted
Nah, I'm good.

This ain't blue, not everyone has enough time on their hands to be a big ol' raid goon.

Old 10-27-2019, 04:45 PM
Banned

Well, don't say they never gave you another shot at it
Old 10-27-2019, 06:09 PM
Fire Giant

Not even on my radar, too busy hitting giant bugs with a stick.

Old 10-27-2019, 11:32 PM
Kobold

F

Magelo
Quote:
Originally Posted by rollin5k View Post
Here is the secret to success in EverQuest
Lower your expectations and increase your play time
Old 10-27-2019, 11:52 PM
Sarnak

Fun to be had on both servers! Can enjoy both.

Custom content coming soon to Blue too. How quick will those neckbeards comeback if warders come back to blue? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Either way, new adventure will await
Closed Thread